Good flight school

So I’m from Florida and im exploring my options for after hgh school. I’m a sophmore and i am really interseted in leaving the state for flight school and living somewhere cold. I’m not big on the heat and i love the cold.

i was thinking of going to Salt Lake City because i heard it snows there in the winter.

Would it be a good idea or should I look at going somewhere warmer or dry?

Bella,

The recommendation of choosing where to go for flight school is the same for everyone: attend the location that is MOST convenient for you. I don’t think any of us mentors are from Salt Lake City, nor would we know if that’s best for you. I wish I knew the lottery numbers for this upcoming lottery so that I could finally pay my student debt off…but that’s far-fetch, I think I may need to move to California to win that.

Anywhere you go to attend a flight school or program will always have their own challenges and ‘rewards’. Go to Florida, you will experience pop-up thunderstorms (which would postpone a flight) throughout the summer, go to Washington (state) and you’ll probably see snow flurries while you’re preflighting the plane (which would postpone a flight). Find the location that is most suitable for you.

Brady

Mr. Brady

Thank you. I’m still deciding on what school i want to attend but i know i may be clolse to deciding.

When i get done with school, am i able to move around? Say i go to school here in Florida, am i able to go work in California or Washington? Like you said everywhere has their own challenges and things like thaat. i just wonder.

Bella,

Yes, you can apply to work at any ATP location, and can of course also apply to flight schools other than ATP.

Chris

Bella,

If you have family near an ATP location, living with them to reduce cost of living during the program would be ideal. If you are going to live in ATP housing, make sure the locations you’re looking at offer that. Not all locations do. Typically progression through flight training can be more difficult during the winter months but all locations have their own unique challenges. If you decide to stay in Florida, you can always take a job instructing at any location offering open CFI positions.

Hannah

I do plan on going in Daytona, Florida. I have family in Laken Helen. is that close enough, tho i would have to talk to them about staying

I would think that would be close enough.

By the way, you really need to work on your capitalization, spelling, and punctuation. You are writing in a manner that does not show attention to detail, something that the airlines very much like to see from applicants.

Thank you. I try to keep my spelling, captitalization, and punctuation. It does get difficult some times, but I try my best to mak sure everything is right. My keyboard is just so tiny and it makes it hard to type everything out.

But thank you so much for your help!

Bella,

Not to pile on but most of us are doing this on our phones. At my age I’m willing to bet you’re significantly more comfortable typing on phones or tiny keyboards then I’ll ever be. It’s about attention to detail which is a very important pilot skill.

Just saying.

Adam

Bella,

There will be a time when you will type on a “tiny” keyboard filing reports for bird strikes or an incident involving a rejected takeoff when you get to the airlines. As Adam and Chris mentioned, punctuation and grammar are important; presentation is key. I’m not sure about the others, but when I am on trips, I carry my laptop, a personal iPad, company iPad, and a cell phone. I have been active on the forum in the past on my iPhone and have had issues with responding to a thread, but that does not give me a reason to make a poorly typed response.

Brady

Bella,

Responding to a text message between friends is different than posting on a professional forum. There’s a time and a place for certain styles of writing with different expectations on punctation use. Just good to start noticing the difference and building good habits now.

Hannah