Haircut

I am struggling to find any specific regulations when it comes to airline haircuts. I currently have a 2/3 on the back and sides and on the front it is brushed down over my forehead. (I wear glasses so it stops just at my glasses). Would this be acceptable for airlines?

Owen,

I am having a hard time envisioning your haircut. However, if you haven’t seen another pilot with your hair style, or if you have to ask, then it probably isn’t acceptable.

Chris

Owen,

All airlines have similar grooming standards and usually state something like “hair must be above that collar and no longer than the ears. Must be of a “natural” color”. But then they go on to state “nothing radical or unusual”. As Chris said if it’s not something you’d see the average Wall St or someone in Congress wearing, it’s probably a problem.

Adam

Thanks Adam, it’s a natural colour and shorter than the ears etc but like you said, I think I’ll have to change it.

Thanks again,
Owen

Thanks Chris, all pilots Iv’e seen have their hair up so, like you said, I think I’ll have to change it.

Thanks again,
Owen