Hand/neck tattoos

I’m covered in tattoos, including my hands and both sides of my neck. Nothing distasteful or offensive, both neck tattoos are small and clean. What I need to know is this, will anyone hire me with them? I know some airlines are ok with tattoos as long as they can be covered, but what about tattoos that can’t be covered? I’ve worked in aerospace and military aviation for a decade with no issue, but being a pilot is a major goal.

Zak,

Right now all major 121 carriers will expect you to have any visible tattoos covered up while in uniform. That means apply a concealing makeup each day of your career or going down the road of removing them. You could also pursue other flying jobs that may have less strict appearance guidelines.

Hannah

There is no way you would make it through an airline interview with hand and neck tattoos. If being an airline pilot is a goal, you need to look into removal.

As for corporate operators, while they might not have formal policies, I do not see them hiring somebody with tattoos like that either. These are rich people that want a clean cut pilot flying them and their family around.

Zak,

I would recommend reaching out to a few corporate/charter companies and seeing what they have to say. As for the airlines, dress policies state: all tattoos must be concealed.

Brady

“I’ve worked in aerospace and military aviation for a decade with no issue”

Zak,

Easy question. The military and aerospace don’t have thousands of passengers who pay your salary and right or wrong have a certain preconceived notion of what a pilot should look like. If the Majors are your goal, I see either laser surgery in your future or some disappointment.

Adam