Hartford Location

Good evening folks,

Does anyone have any experience training or instructing at the Hartford, CT location?

If so, please let me know; I am considering ATP and the Hartford location and would like to pick your brains if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. :grinning:

Thank you!
-Mike D.

1 Like

I would like to hear about any experiences in Hartford as well. I am seriously considering starting with ATP within a year and Hartford is the closest location to me (2 hours). I would most likely need housing as well. The ATP website advertises housing for Hartford, but at the same time it is listed as not available which is a little confusing…

I’m sure someone will chime in on experience there or you can check out the FB students and alumni post.

As far as it showing unavailable it might just be full at the moment (Id check with admissions) I know they are moving a bunch of us around at the moment

1 Like

I actually did post on Facebook as well but not much feedback regarding Hartford. I will contact admissions and get a better answer. Thank you!

Samuil,

Keep in mind that ATP strives very hard to standardize their locations as much as possible. Sure, there will be some small variations from one to the next, but the overall experience should be the same.

Chris

1 Like

Samuil,

If you do get in touch with them, please let us know if you wouldn’t mind, I’d be curious as to what they say!

Thanks

I did speak with admissions a couple of times with a couple of different people and scheduled an intro flight for May 25. Regarding housing, it sounds like there will not be anything available for a while. One of the people I spoke with mentioned February 2020. I guess if housing is needed, sign up as far in advance as possible. I will update with my impressions after the intro flight.

Sam

Who pays for housing? Does the 80k cover housing?

Ahmed Ghazi

No, housing is an additional expense.

I have not applied yet but I need to know about the medical requirements and what is the solo exam. Also, I would like to know what is the most difficult part of the program and after graduation as well.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ghazi

Ahmed,

You need to obtain an FAA First Class medical. Fairly straightforward but if you have any concerns I recommend you find an AME (Aviation Medical Examiner) before you do anything else. There is no “solo exam” but there are multiple checkrides you need to pass throughout the program. Finally different people find different segments of the program more or less challenging. I think the consensus is the Instrument and CFI portions are the most challenging. Beyond that the actual airline training can be quite a bear.

I recommend you spend some time looking at our FAQ section. There’s a ton of great info there.

Adam

Ahmed,

I personally found the instrument training to be the most difficult. It is learning to fly a whole new way and takes a lot of practice. After that, airline training can be rather difficult, especially at your first airline.

Chris

Thanks Samuil,
Looking forward to reading your feedback after the intro. flight!

1 Like

Do you have to schedule the intro flight before or after the enrollment?

Ahmed Ghazi

Ahmed,

Before. The flight is for both you and ATP to evaluate each other and make sure that it will be a good fit for all parties involved.

Chris

Do I have to do the intro flight with ATP or it can be done with any other school?

Ahmed Ghazi

Ahmed,

To enroll with ATP you need to do an Intro Flight WITH ATP. As Chris said ATP is evaluating YOU as much as you’re evaluating them.

Adam

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what type of written exams I’ll be going through and when?

I’m planning to schedule my intro flight in June 2019.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed Ghazi

Ahmed,

Take a look here (from the ATP website): https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

Adam

Hello,

I would like to know that the medical exam and background check phases will be after or before the enrollment? I’m in healthy conditions and I have a clean background, but I applied for a police officer job and I was disqualified because of a self-defense situation in my home country!

I don’t wanna go through the program which will cost about 100k then something will stop me!

Regards,

Ahmed Ghazi