Headset for Airlines/E175

I’m getting close to a new hire date and have heard that my headset (Lightspeed Zulu 3) is not approved or does not meet a code of some sort. Does anyone have any insight on whether I can use my Zulu 3’s with an E175 and/or with Envoy?

If not, what’s a great headset to use?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

The airlines require all headsets to be TSO’d (Technical Standard Order) which Lightspeed is not.

There are many headset threads on the forum and Bose wins hands down every time. The fact you now have to invest in a new headset is just one more reason.

Adam

1 Like

Justin,

Adam isn’t lying when he says Bose wins hands down. If you rather not spend the money right now, your company should provide headsets in the flight deck. Here at Piedmont we have 3 company headsets in the flight deck if we don’t bring/forget our own.

Brady

1 Like

Justin,

You will not be able to use your Lightspeeds as they do not meet FAA requirements. I would recommend the Bose A20.

Chris

Justin,

The Bose headsets are the best. I have the over the ear A20 headset. It’s durable, comfortable and quiet. I have used the Bluetooth ability many times to call for clearances at small non-towered airports even at the regional level. The only issue I have with my headset, the case is big and it takes up quite a bit of room in my flight bag. If I ever upgraded, I would check out the Proflight Series 2 “in-the-ear” headset. I’ve heard great things about that one too.

Hannah