Introduction - Torin

Hi Everyone, My name is Torin. I’ll be starting the ACPP next month at the CRQ location. I’m starting with 0 time. Just a little about myself- I was born in Hawaii and lived here my whole life. I’m 28 years old and I currently work as an assistant manager for a local financial institution. I finally committed to attending ATP back in October of last year after years of debating. I literally have an ATP ad screenshot on my phone from back in 2015. I was able to secure financing and decided to choose a start date that would allow me to save up and get my tests out of the way. I’m really looking forward to this experience as it will be my first time living outside of Hawaii and every day I’ll be working towards something I’ve wanted forever. I’ll try to track my progression through the program on here but I understand I’ll be busy so I’ll try my best. Finally I want to say that I appreciate the time taken and contributions from the mentors and community here. There is so much valuable information here that helped me throughout the loan process to medical, who to contact etc. that really put me in the best position to begin my journey.

Torin

6 Likes

Aloha Torin!

It’s funny, I actually never met anyone named Torin till I moved to Hawaii and now I know a few AND they’re all pilots!

Obviously you’ve done your homework but you’ve taken the biggest (and best) step towards a career in aviation so kudos. As always we’re here to answer any and all.

Adam

1 Like

Torin,
Congrats! Seems like a long time coming for you which must make it feel pretty sweet. We are so happy for you and can’t wait to follow along as you progress in your training and future career!

-Hannah

1 Like

Welcome aboard! Please, keep us updated on your journey!

1 Like

Torin,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the introduction! Please keep us up to date as you go through the program and always feel free to come here with questions. I look forward to reading about your progression through flight training.

Chris

1 Like

Torin,

Welcome to the ATP family! I remember just like you back before I considered ATP receiving advertisements and asking other pilots what their opinions where. Sounds like you’ve done the research and time, now its time to get to work. :smiley:

Wishing you the best of luck in your preparation, studies, and future flights with ATP!!

Brady

1 Like

Torin!

Welcome, friend! Cool name, btw. Like the cooler version of mine.

By the sounds of it your enrollment has been a long time coming! I must say you have definitely been doing your homework. I appreciate that, and so will your CFI.

Thank you for the introduction! Let us know if there’s anything we can help you with or just let us know how things are going.

Tory

1 Like

Hi Torin,

I am the Lead Flight instructor at CRQ, excited to have you on board with us! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions that is CRQ specific. Welcome to the ATP fam!

Jonathan

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It really feels like a long time coming and now time is moving so fast making my final preparations before I move.

@Adam -Whoa, what are the chances? That’s awesome.

@Jonathanrampat I’ll be looking forward to meeting you at the training center!

@forourspam, @Brady Sergey & Brady, I’ve been following along with both of you and its great so see what worked well for you guys. It’ll be very helpful for me to refer back to your stories along the way. Thank you!

2 Likes

Torin,

Glad you have been around to see the development of our story, you will have a lot of experiences and stories to share with us all. I used this forum to see how others approached certain phases of training and to find ideas that I was not even aware of. Wishing you the best! Stay in touch.

Brady

1 Like

Howzit @torin777,
Congrats on getting your schooling started. I myself am jus about getting started as well. I’m also from Hawaii, but doing the program in COS then up to centennial starting in July.
I’m jus about 3/4ths done with the ATP pre courses and maybe 2/3rds with the kings. I’ll be taking my knowledge tests as soon as I can. I set aside alittle over a month to get those test out of the way before I start the program.
Wish you good luck braddah, hopefully we’ll both end up back in da islands flying.

1 Like

Right on Cory!

Bang out those tests, July will come up sooner than you think.

Congrats on getting started, Colorado looks like an awesome place to fly!! Maybe one day we’ll make it back home. I wish you the best :call_me_hand:t3:

Torin