You're never to old to start a new Journey!

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Raymond. I’m so excited to finally begin my journey to becoming an airline pilot at 36 years old. I start ATP on September 5 and will be attending the San Antonio Location. I use to be a Police Officer in NYC for 10 years but had to retire due to an injury. Looking forward to graduating from the program and meeting everyone! Hope everyone has a great day!

5 Likes

Rock on Raymond! Ill be starting very soon as well. Congrats on getting into the program!

1 Like

Thanks for the introduction, Raymond. We are here to help you succeed in the program. Please let us know if he can help answer any questions.

Tory

2 Likes

Raymond,

Congratulations on enrollment into the ACPP! Thank you for your years of service as law enforcement.

September is still a good bit away to start working on the Private Pilot written. Preparing for Your Airman Knowledge Test

Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us posted throughout your journey.

Brady

1 Like

Raymond,

Welcome and thank you for the introduction. Please let us know if we can be of any help along the way and as always, please update us on your progress. Welcome to ATP!

Chris

1 Like

Just completed my 1st class med, loan approved, and first flight this Friday :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats Eduardo! Let us know how it goes.

Adam

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Awesome. Let us know how the flight goes, please.

Chris

Eduardo,

Congrats on the medical and loan approval. Enjoy your first flight this Friday, let us know how it goes. :small_airplane:

Brady

Thanks for that. I’m 36 years as well and been with Costco 18 years. From learning the basics of flying rc to believing that anything is possible. I’ll be there soon. Good luck Raymond on your travels bud.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

The first flight went well, no fear and just smiles and the yearning to develop into a more proficient pilot was all that kept running through my mind. My CFI, did great in having us dive fully into the flight inspection to the take off, cruising, and landing. I was able to take control of the flight during cruise and practiced making turns and using rudders during taxi to head back to the hangar.

I hope each day gets better when I start the program in Dec/Jan. I’m already reading materials now so I can get a head start on the exam before starting the program.

1 Like

Eduardo,

Sounds like you’re flight went very well. You’ve got to be excited!

Keep us updated and feel free to all any and all.

Adam

1 Like

Eduardo,

I am glad the flight went well and that you are so enthused. Any progress that you can make on those writtens will be a huge help to you in the program. I would shoot for consistently scoring 90% or better on the practice exams before you take the actual exam.

Chris

1 Like