Officially Enrolled at ATP

Excited to say that my initial scheduling fee went through and I will be starting at KIWA in Arizona on June 26th. I’ve always wanted to become a professional pilot and started flying at 13, getting my PPL on my 17th birthday, so this is dream come true. Just got access to my study modules and tomorrow will be calling for the login to written test prep. Curious though, the modules seem to be very thorough, and I have a fair bit of aviation knowledge already, but are they adequate for most of the knowledge through this program? Thanks so much.

Jonah W.

Jonah,

Congratulations on selecting your start date, that is fantastic! The learning modules are not all of what you will learn. You will have various texts, study guides, the modules and of course time with your instructors. I am glad to hear that you are going to begin the written test prep, get as many of those finished as possible, you will be glad that you did.

Chris

Congrats Jonah!

You’ll have a good time at KIWA, I know I did. Are you planning to stay in student housing? They have great apartments down there.

I always told my students to treat the study modules as an outline for the study material. You should complete each assignment and then continue to research the subject on your own until you either understand the topic completely (and many topics can be very abstract and hard to understand to a new student) or you get someone else to explain it to you.
Every event is this program builds on top of previous events, and because of the fast pace, you need to get it right the first time. Take this as a tip, never assume that you will ‘figure it out later’ in this program, always strive to know as much as you can about what you are learning.

Of course feel free to drop any course related questions here if you need to, we are glad to help with those things too!

Yarden