IR checkride passed!

I’ve passed my checkride for ME/IR. The weather conditions were far from ideal, we have got a front approaching, the wind was around 15 kt on the ground, 30-35 above 2000 ft, sometimes 42 according to the PFD. But everything was OK, no issues with the approaches (although I could have done better), when it comes to handling the plane, it was smooth, and I was very happy :slight_smile: Compared to the some of the latest sim training sessions - hard imc, flaps inop, gear not coming down, then an engine failure for example - it was easier.

4 Likes

Congrats Robert!

IR is definitely tough (many consider the hardest) so nice job. Believe it or not there will come a time when you’ll consider 15kts on the ground as calm :wink:

Adam

Robert,

No pic?! Happy for you, Robert. I hope you’re ready. The rest of the program goes by quickly from here.

Tory

Robert,

I do consider the IR to be the most difficult as all of the material is so new. Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment!

Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

Chris

Thank you all, guys.
Yes, that is exactly what my examiner told me when I was worrying about the weather :smiley: