Knowledge Tests

Hello, I had a question about the written tests and specifically getting endorsed to do them. I am currently a junior in high school and my goal is to be at ATP in June after I graduate. I want to be done with the written test before I go to ATP, but I don’t want my studying for school to overlap with studying for the tests. My idea was to study and take the knowledge tests during the summer of my senior year. My question is will ATP still endorse me to take them if I am not yet enrolled in the program, but I’m still able to show the three 90% or higher on the practice test. Thank you.

I wrote the above statement with speech recognition so I apologize for any errors.

Jacob,

No, if you’re not enrolled as an ATP student, ATP will not endorse you. However, all the Test Prep companies will if you can show the successful practice exams.

On a more important note, ATP will very often not accept students straight out of HS as many are not yet prepared for the rigors of the program. The FAA KT expire after 24mos. I would have a conversation with admissions before I start taking the tests to ensure you will be accepted without your PPL or some college.

Adam

Jacob,

Unless you’re rolled into ATP’s ACPP, you will not receive an endorsement for any AKT. As Adam said, many content/app developers (i.e., Sporty’s) will provide an endorsement under their endorsement criterion. If you attend ATP, once you complete the criterion for endorsement, you’ll receive. All AKTs that you will take expire after 24 calendar months.

Brady

Thank you for your response. I was planning on doing test prep via Shepard Air so I will look for more information through them. In terms of being accepted right out of high school, I do not think I will be able to get a PPL but I do have some very minor college experience. In the start of my junior year I took the Embry Riddle Dual Enrollment course in ASCI 121L - Airmen Knowledge Test Prep. Would this be enough to show them in terms of college experience? It might be worth noting that this course is only worth one college credit.

Thank you!

Jacob,

I’m thinking not but that’s really a question for admissions. Id contact them sooner then later just to get an idea what they’ll accept or not and then you can plan accordingly.

Adam

I also saw this on the ATP Admission Prerequisites:

ATP Admissions will confirm you have at least one of the following:

• A High School GPA of 3.0 (High School Seniors and Recent Graduates Only), or
  • Two Years of College Experience, or
  • Two Years of Professional Work Experience, or
  • Two Years of Military Service With an Honorable Discharge

So from what this says they are looking for people that are still in, or just out of high school. Do you there are stipulations to this.

Thank you!

Jacob,

You’re also missing the note at the bottom:

Note that admission to ATP is extremely competitive, and meeting the criteria above does not guarantee acceptance.

The only way to know if you will be accepted is by contacting Admissions, as Adam mentioned.

Brady