Written Exam advice

Hello, I am a 17yo high school senior. I am planning on attending ATP in June/July. Should I hold off for a couple months for studying and taking my IRA, IGI, and FII in order to retain a bit more of the information? I already took and passed my PAR but i’m just wondering if it would be more beneficial to waiting a bit longer. Thanks

Kyle,

I wouldn’t hold off but I would start the application process. Slots at ATP are very competitive and you may need more than just your HS diploma and a good GPA. No sense in doing the studying and spending the money if you find ATP wants you to have your PPL or a degree first.

Adam

Kyle,

Not to use some pressure on the toe brakes to slow you down, but ATP prerequisites require you to be a minimum age of 18. Now granted, I am going to assume you’ll be 18 by June or July, BUT there are some other things that need to be completed prior to enrollment.

I believe writtens should be started if attending ATP no longer than 6-9 months out from enrollment date, and to start now, with not having a guaranteed enrollment is not the thing to do. You have better things to spend your time on right now, like focusing on your final year in high school and getting good grades (and GPA).

Brady

Kyle,

Pump the brakes my guy, have you done an Admissions Flight with ATP? You said you took a tour, but that doesn’t necessarily indicate you’ve completed other prerequisites to ATP. Also having connections to commercial pilots nor a good high school GPA does not guarantee admissions into ATP. Having a first class medical is a good thing, you’re going to need that eventually if you decide this route is for you. ATP puts in a nice bold note under their prerequisites:

Note that admission to ATP is extremely competitive, and meeting the criteria above does not guarantee acceptance.

Brady

I appreciate the response