Loan question?

Good evening I have a few questions. I see that the loans for the school is around 96k.I would like to know

1)would the loan covers food? And the place where I would be staying?

2)How often do I go back home?

1. Would I start paying the loan during the process or after I graduate?

2. When I flight back home is it cover or i gotta pay out of my packet?

5)would I graduate in 12 months?

Thanks

Brandoll,

1. The cost of ATPs Airline Career Pilot Program is currently $96,995. This is the fixed price for all your training. It does not included room and board or your living or travel expenses. Provided you have the credit, you could take out additional funds to cover those costs.

2. Not often. This program is highly accelerated and compresses what normally takes years into months. It’s a full-time commitment and your days off are best served by study and rest. You may have occasion to go home but again it will not be often and your training needs to come first.

3. Loan payments are not due until you complete your training and in many cases can be deferred till you start working. You would however continue to accrue interest. Successful grads who sign conditional employment agreements with certain Regionals may be able to receive Tuition Reimbursement to help make loan payments.

4. Any transportation to/from training is your responsibility and expense.

5. The usual timeline for the program is 7mos.

I recommend you spend some quality time on the ATP website and this forum. There’s a ton of useful information and answers to many questions like this you’ve asked.

Adam

Brandoll,

Welcome to the forum. Please spend some time on ATP’s website and on the FAQ section here as so much of your questions are covered there. Adam did a great job answering them. Just to clarify, ATP offers flight training. It’s not like college with room and board and a dining hall. It’s simply a flight school located at an airport to get you through your ratings. If you need student housing, most locations offer it as an add on to the price of the program. It’s an apartment nearby with other students to keep the cost of rent down with flexible “lease” options.

Hannah