Looking for a good flight school in the south

Hello. I am in my early thirties and have been to college and got my degree in business. A couple years ago I decided I wanted to pursue flying since that is what really what I wanted to do since I was little of having the dream of going to the Air Force Academy and working for NASA but life had other plans. I thought I would never be able to do the flying professionally and thinking I was getting to old. Long story short I found LIFT Academy (which wasn’t a good experience) and went there this past spring for a month and wasn’t able to fly much due to the weather. Shortly after starting the program I received a letter from the FAA that I had to check up on some things for my Medical. It’s been resolved now but I have a special issuance and some stuff I have to do every year to keep it. I am looking back into flight school again and I have been looking at the Delta Cadet program at Skyborne Academy and also the American Airlines Cadet program as well. I was wondering if anyone knows if these programs are decent and if there are any other schools out there that have a good reputation in getting to the CFI and MEI sooner than your tradition local school route? I am looking at schools in the southern part of the US since they don’t see the snow as much. Thanks.

Chris,

A couple of things. First it’ll be difficult to find much on either Delta’s or AAs programs since both are very new and to my knowledge are yet to produce a single pilot (not saying they’re bad or won’t, just saying they haven’t.

Second, if you look up to the left you’ll very clearly see the ATP logo. This is ATPs forum and while we encourage people to do their own research, if you ask which flight school we recommend we’ll all answer with a resounding “ATP”.
It’s not that we’re trying to sell you, we simply were all where you are now, decided on ATP and are all glad we did.

Some of the reasons are:
ATP has been training pilots for the airlines for almost 40yrs
They’ve placed tens of thousands of pilots at the airlines (over 1,000 in the last 12mos alone)
They pioneered the airline partnerships and ATP grads were getting preferential hiring long before the pilot shortage
They have over 80 locations nationwide

Again I encourage you to do your own research but also to take a good look at ATP. There is no better, more efficient route to a career in aviation.

Adam

1 Like