Looking to start flight training

I’m a seventeen-year-old high school senior and I have been really interested in becoming an airline pilot for the past year or two now. However, I don’t really know what I should do to get a head start on my latest career choice. If anyone can point to the right direction that would be appreciated!

1 Like

Anisa,

What you should do is finish HS and then continue to college and earn a degree in anything of interest. After that if you’re still interested you can dive into flight training.

Adam

1 Like

Anisa,

Your steps to success should start with first by finishing high school strong with a solid GPA, looking to obtain a 4-year degree from a college. Flight schools like ATP have prerequisites that you must meet, you will want to ensure you meet the criterion when it comes time to apply:

If you decide to go straight into flight training, ATP does offer college credits through partnership universities for a degree. See link below for more information on that:

Brady

Anisa,

Continue to make good grades in school and explore aviation some more! Go for a discovery flight at your local airport or flight school and browse the forum to learn more. You’re young and have a lot of time ahead of you. We recommend college first then flight training.

Hannah