Looks like ATP is releasing a new payment structure for CFIs

$20 per Flight Hour
$20 per FTD Hour (Simulator)
$20 per Group Ground Hour (See scheduling instructions 27.)
$250 / $125 Checkride Oral Pass Fee (1st / 2nd Attempt)
for Private, Instrument, Commercial, and PMEL (Remaining 100-Hour ME Students)
$100 / $50 Checkride Oral Pass Fee (1st / 2nd Attempt)
for COMM SE, CFI SE, and CFI II
$250 Flight Bonus at 40 flight hours (in pay period) if no Checkride Oral Pass Fees earned
$1,500 Minimum Monthly Guarantee (more detail below)

This was copied and pasted from their Facebook page, so I don’t have the extra info that was included.

Looks much better than their previous structure, IMO.

5 Likes

Woohoo! I was sweating making ends meet as a CFI. This is great news! Thanks Peter! The only thing that i don’t see listed is the $1k ground pay they used to have.

2 Likes

It looks like that may have been taken out in favor of the hourly for Group Ground and the $1,500 minimum guarantee, although I’m not certain. Hopefully someone who is on the “inside” of this stuff can chime in.

Where did this list come from? I checked their FB page and I see nothing official there.

It was posted by an individual on their Students and Alumni page. It’s a closed group, but all you have to do is send a join request. Someone started a discussion, and a guy posted the details. It looks like the post containing the details has been deleted. Not sure why.

Sergey,

It’s there. Peter is right. It’s refered to as minimum monthly guarantee. It looks like they are also paying an additional $20/hr for ground.

We haven’t heard anything about the new pay scale from management. I checked the fb page. Couldn’t find anything there either…

Tory

I am in that group and haven’t come across that post for some reason. I will check again. I’m curious whether the minimum monthly guarantee is in addition to the other hours and bonuses or is structured like at the airlines (if you don’t get the hours to make your $1500, you still get $1500). If the latter is the case that changes the pay situation very little then.

Sergey,

If it’s a min monthly GUARANTEE, than yes you get that even if you don’t get the hours.

Adam

Looks like the entire post, even the original post asking for opinions without details, has been removed.

:Insert conspiracy here:

:wink:

1 Like

This information has not been officially released yet, but those numbers look correct from what I have seen. Overall, this will represent about a 17% pay increase for the instructor group.

2 Likes

Everything is still up in the air right now, that was the payscale posted on our instructor whiteboard page. That has since been changed and right now we have the old pay with a 15% increase of your invoice total for each pay period. Additionally we have a $100 checkride oral pass for each student.

So out of curiosity, how much would this put an ATP CFI instructor making.

https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/guaranteed-cfi-job.html

Adam

Darrell,

Not sure why you’re having a hard time (or why you seem to have an attitude about it)? The link above clearly shows the current pay scale for ATP instructors. The average instructor flies about 75hrs a month and you can go from there.

You’re not going to find anything more specific because flight instruction is almost like sales. There are a ton of variables (other than the base guarantee) shed while ATP does a fine job of trying to keep all their instructors busy there’s only so much they can to control the amount of admissions and therefore ANY number you find is speculation.

That btw will also carry into this this entire career. Have an accident or incident during your training (or just not be good at it) and the whole thing is moot. Have a bad attitude and you could be stuck at a Regional for life. If you’re looking for guarantees and assurances this might not be the right industry for you.

Adam

1 Like

Darrell,

The pay rates are clearly posted. https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/guaranteed-cfi-job.html

I would plan on about 75 hours per month. I am not sure what more than that you are looking for.

Chris

1 Like

Cool thanks greatly…