Major in College

Hello,
I will be attending Central Connecticut State University this coming fall and majoring in Business Management. I genuinely enjoy learning about the business world and believe that I would enjoy taking business classes in college. My goal is not to work in the world of business, it is to become an airline pilot. Is it a bad idea to major in business because I want to fly for an airline? My logic on the decision of my major was that if something disqualified me from maintaining a Class One Medical Certificate, I could move toward the business aspect of aviation. Should I continue on this course, or should I be moving towards earning a degree in something the airlines would rather see?

Thank you,
Drew

1 Like

Drew,

Major in whatever you like. The Majors want to see a degree but care little what your field of study is. Further it’s always a good idea to have a plan B.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you Adam! That puts my worries at ease.

Drew,

It is wise to obtain a degree in any non-aviation related field in case you need to fall back on it. The airlines just want to see that you majored in something so they can check the box.

Tory

1 Like

Thank you Tory! The information is appreciated.

1 Like

Drew,

I actually really like your plan. In fact, I like it so much that I did the exact same thing. I got a business management degree, but then I went straight to ATP to get my licenses. It worked out well for me.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Chris! I have the same plan in mind.

Drew,

Stick to it and hopefully you will do well! Let us know how else we can help you.

Chris