More Skyhawks at ATP!

I still can’t find another flight school that is expanding like ATP Flight School… Congrats to ATP on more future deliveries! :tada:

4 Likes

I was shocked when I saw this post back in March with Blue Line Aviation:
“ANNOUNCEMENT!! Today at Sun n Fun 2023, Piper Aircraft and Blue Line Aviation announced a 55 aircraft fleet order of both Archer TXs and Seminoles, with the option to add 60 more aircraft over the next four years. This new, all-Piper fleet will be utilized at their Johnston County, NC HQ and new satellite location in Winter Haven, FL. Piper Aircraft is proud to add such an esteemed organization to the Piper Flight School Alliance! #PiperXBlueLine
They just opened their second location in Florida (other location is in NC). 110 planes for two locations (not including the planes they have now).
Zero time to Multi-instructor in 5 1/2 months for under $100K

Paul my friend, with all due respect, you are most certainly a product of the internet. While you may be shocked, here’s what the story ACTUALLY says:

1. their 2nd location is “temporary” and they’re still looking for a permanent location meaning they could pull the FL location overnight.

2. They ordered 55 aircraft to be delivered over 4yrs with an OPTION for 60 more. That means they can option to NOT take 60 planes.

3. You can complete their program in “as little” as 5.5mos. Not a fixed footprint, just a possibility.

Most important on their webpage they’ve had TWO successful grads hired at Regionals. I’m far from shocked…

Adam

Paul,

While I appreciate seeing other aviation flight schools advertising and showcasing their programs, I looked at Blue Line back in 2019 when I first came to the forum and turned away. I stuck to my gut and trusted ATP after not only being introduced to this forum but taking an Admissions Flight and having my eyes set on what ATP had to offer me: “Fastest Track to an Airline Career.” Even though my journey started after a 13-month hiatus to get my private in 2018-2019 and I didn’t officially start ATP until July 2020… 2 years after enrollment I was signed and getting ready to transition with a wholly-owned to American Airlines along with tens of other ATP graduates who went to the many other airline carriers out there.

Brady

1 Like

Brady,

After looking at and visiting other local training centers near me, I too am happy with my decision with ATP! After a slow start at the beginning of program (weather and aircraft availability), things have finally picked up the last couple of months. I have my flight portion of my private check ride coming up this Tuesday (only could do the oral portion because of IFR conditions) and looking forward to even more of a faster pace once instrument phase starts (in which I have already jumped ahead to get started on along with knocking out the CAX and FIA test).
I hope the CFI timeline picks up when I reach that stage. If not, oh well, more time to study and better prepare myself!
I’m looking forward to completing the “fast track” program and building those hours to fly for the airlines. Until then, I’m enjoying every day of my journey, meeting and working with the other people at my location and “crew” personnel’s as they stop by my location.

Paul

Adam,

First off, my mistake on the quantity of aircrafts ordered. The way I read it is Blue Line ordered 55 aircrafts of EACH the Archer and Seminole.

Yes, anything could happen in this industry along with their new location. We could say the same thing about ATP’s new locations as well but with the record enrollments, I doubt it right now.

5.5 months from zero to multi-engine instructor is a stretch. Seven months right now is a stretch too🙄

Paul

Are you serious? They themselves say in the press release the location is “temporary”. More important are you really comparing ATPs opening a new location (with 83 up and running) and almost 40yr history to a copycat operation opening their second which again they call “temporary”?

Regardless I’m pretty certain there’s something you should/could be studying right now :wink:

Adam

1 Like

We can’t forget about the 528 training fleet aircraft and growing frequently! :slight_smile:

Brady

1 Like

Paul,

Sorry to hear of your earlier frustrations in the program. Weather is out of everyone’s control and aircraft availability is improving daily. As Brady mentioned above, 40 new aircraft on order hitting a milestone of 500 total aircraft at ATP, more than any other flight school.

From the sounds of your post, seems like you’re getting a little “grass is greener mentality”. Advertising is meant to showcase only the best, but not always the reality. The results is the bigger indicator in a schools success. Two successful airline grads vs thousands per year at ATP. Trust that you went with the right school, focus on what is in your control and let go of the rest. It’s simply a distraction.

Hannah

2 Likes

Hannah,

I’m happy with my choice at ATP and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else!

Paul

Adam,

I was not comparing ATP to Blue Line. ATP is the best choice and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else! I was simply stating anything could happen in this industry and if another COVID or whatever else, could possibly affect any new location (or enrollment).

Do you happen to know why ATP just shut down one of their CFI locations (N.C.)?

Back to studying!:wink:

Paul

No clue.

Adam

Seems to possibly be a question for your TSS if you’re curious, this is news to me just like Adam.

Brady

Brady,

The news from what I’ve heard at my training center is that they are losing a bunch of their two-year CFI’s and the current DPE’s want to take some time off.

So now ATP is sending learners from my location to either their Georgia or Arlington, TX

Paul

Paul,

I did all my CFI training at LZU near Atlanta. It’s a fantastic location with great instructors if you end up going there.

Hannah

1 Like

Paul,

I can second Hannah with how awesome LZU is. The location and facility is beautiful. I love the big chandelier when walking in.

Brady

1 Like

Paul,

I think what you’ve heard from your training center is probably correct. Whilst I was an instructor they shifted the east coast CFI location from LZU to JQF mostly because they had consistent DPE availability (very fair DPE’s I might add, they did all 7 of my checkrides!). If one of them decided to slow down or take a break, then moving the location would probably be required to keep everyone moving. With that being said, I did my CFI academy training at LZU and was happy with the instructors and the facilities. I think any of the facilities they might send you to should serve you well! (GKY, LZU, or even CRG)

Roscoe

1 Like

I’m always encouraged seeing this timeline of two years. Three years starts to get a little concerning, in the current climate, I mean.

Martin,

You’re also not factoring in the time it took to get my PPL OUTSIDE of ATP, you’re reading between the lines. 2 YEARS from ATP to AIRLINE (that was with a 4 month wait to get an instructor job due to covid - NOW individuals are getting indoc’s week or two after completion). Again, there are always extremities that not even ATP can control, DPE shortage, airline slowing down hiring, etc.

Brady

Martin,

Hate to burst your bubble, but many airlines are facing massive delays in training. While the shortage for the most part is positive, as pilots move up the food chain things get difficult. As instructors and check airman leave the Regionals often there aren’t people with the skill or experience to replace them. I know a number of pilots who are waiting or have had their classes pushed back indefinitely.

2yrs is great but you can’t set your watch to it.

Adam

1 Like