New start, July 3rd! My adventure documented

Wow! All I can say Woowww! Mark the date, december 6 i was officially licensed as an ppl sel instrumwnt rated pilot!!! (Insert happy and dancin emoji here!). Yes a quick update: it took me some really serious studying work between sims and studying from 6 am to 8 or 9 pm week and a half prior the check ride. If you did it quicker, my hats off to you, if its taking younlonger to study, dont worry! Everyone has their own way of learning. I say this because Sometimes candidates think they can come and they will be walks from the hands of their instructor. If you think this way, I suggest you do not come waste time and find yourself a 141 school with normal classes. This is accelerated pace and although I was happy to help during my grounds to have sit in it students that were struggling, I felt like it was an extra challenge and slowdown while I was trying to get ready for the oral part of the check ride.
Chris, Adam and Tory have mentioned it several times through out this web site and is true.
Please if you find it inapropiate for this post, dont mind if you edit or let me know so I can change it. Had to say it after reading so many posts about too fast paced learning!
Nonetheless I am really proud of having succesfully accomplished the instrument check ride with so many challenges! My hats off go to My instructor Greg! He prepared me well!
Now running off to crew eval at noon!
Enrico

1 Like

Enrico,

Congratulations! That is fantastic. Enjoy the cross country phase, that is the best part

Chris

P.S. We never edit the “Student Experiences” section. It is a place for open and honest feedback.

Nice job. As you know YOU earned it!

Adam

Hey guys! Well managed to finish my crew last Friday, started Multi right away Saturday, flew for first time today in the seminole!
Crew experience, yeah yeah it was nice, could have done it quicker but there were a lot of out of my control issues. It wasn’t what I expected and only can say is I am glad it is over! Only good thing I got out of it was 1.- too much time down so I got my FIA and FOI done 2.- Studied as much as I could for multi and 3.- i “mastered” Landing at Daytona Beach via ILs, Rnav, Loc, circle to land to say that I new what I was doing 
 Other than that, had two crew partners that made crew fun and enjoyable.
Anyway, break is over, Multi pvte inst add on next thursday! Back to studying!
Enrico

Enrico,

Sorry (surprised) you didn’t enjoy the crewing portion of the training. Def was my favorite. I found it to be a great opportunity to gain some confidence in my skills. I’d be careful using the word “mastered” when it comes to anything flying related. Have fun in the twin.

Adam

1 Like

Sorry Adam i was being a bit sarcastic with the mastered part :stuck_out_tongue: It was great practice though!
Enrico

Enrico,

It sounds like you got a lot done during the time period and were able to work on your flying skills.

Chris

1 Like

Yes it was great as practice and not only flying but also helping my crew partner on several instances while I was Pilot Monitor. I was a bit bummed because I heard of people going places, new airports, trips, etc, unfortunately i went to the same airports I, Daytona, Naples, Tallahassee. Once I saw Dotham and that was it. Anyway, is past it was a great experience, time to look into the future. Still have 7 hours of flights in the seminole before the check ride.
Enrico

Hey Adam my name is Trevor and I was wondering if you had an email address I could email you at? I have a few questions about ATP. thank you for your time and consideration

Trevor,

I’ll message you but we always ask people to ask their questions on the forum so others can benefit from the conversation.

Adam

1 Like

Happy to say I passed my private multi today! Yeiiy!!! Lunch and a brief break and we are departing on a 2 day / 2 night hour flight with my instructor wn 1.5 hours. Doesn’t stop. For any of you who are in your crew phase, use this time while not flying of course, to study and get familiar with your twin. It will pay off in no time!

Enrico

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Enrico. Congrats on the check ride pass.

Tory

1 Like

Congrats Enrico!

Believe it or not you’ve already gotten further than the majority of people who start flight training.

Adam

1 Like

Enrico,

That is great news! Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Chris

1 Like

Good morning all, here i am checking in from Jax on week 3 of CFI school. Still waiting for a date and DPE to be assigned, studying from 8 am to 9pm. Spin training set for tomorrow am so looking forward to it.
Program went fast very quickly and it feels like tou never catch up, always learning always studying!
A bit nervous about the MEI as I heard is quite difficult and pass rate on first try is less than 20%. I hope to be one of that 20% though!
Took a break this past weekend and spent time with wife and family, great way to recharge energy!
Well 
 back to studying!

Enrico

4 Likes

Today, I finished the program, all the way from zero hours to my last check ride today obtaining the CFII.!
Took me 9 mo and 15 days aprox.
Five pilot certificates and 3 flight instructor certificates.
If i would do it all over again I would definitively review more often all the material from day one each day, making it easier for those Flight instructor ratings!
Monday I start Stands to get ready to instruct!
Ill keep monitoring the forum hope I can contribute a bit more!
Thanks all!

Enrico

1 Like

MAD KUDOS ENRICO!

That’s fantastic news! You’ll be flying an RJ before the end of next year!

Adam

1 Like

Enrico,

That is fantastic news! Congratulations. Please keep checking in as you go through the flight instructing phase of the program.

Chris

1 Like

Blockquote[quote=“Chris, post:38, topic:3516”]
That is fantastic news! Congratulations. Please keep checking in as you go through the flight instructing phase of the program.
[/quote]

Thanks Chris! I will definitively check in!
Latest update: I will be working for 6 weeks in the safety desk in JAX headquarters before I start instructing! It s such an honor I have been given this opportunity!
Enrico

Today I officially broke the 1000 hr milestone (actually yesterday) I never thought it would come this quickly!
The experience is overwhelming and I cant believe its been already a year since I finished my studies and training.
Don’t think it twice, just act on it, life is too short to have regrets and doubts!

4 Likes