Real Answers from Real Pilots

And here we go!

Hey all!

Finally pulled the trigger today and enrolled! I’ll be training in Indianapolis starting Feb 7. I still have a small knot in my stomach from making this jump, but I’m also super eager to get going!

Thank you to everyone that’s offered insights about the school and what to expect. That definitely helped me grasp what ATP is all about and I know this is going to be the best decision I’ve made for myself and my family.

Mat

5 Likes

Congrats Mat! That’s huge! It really is just the beginning of what’s to come for you.
Enjoy your holidays and time with your family. At the new year, start hammering out your written exams to set yourself up for success!
-Hannah

1 Like

Mat,

Love to hear this, I’ve done a lot of Introductory Flights and Tours recently and it seems once everyone gets a small amount of control to the plane, they get the flying bug. There is so much valuable information on this forum from previous and current student experiences as well as the advice and recommendations from the amazing mentors. I came here to this forum almost 3 years ago to date and it was one of the best decisions.

Like Hannah mentioned, getting a jump start on your writtens in the new year will help you tremendously. Even if you can just get the PAR (Private Pilot Airplane) written it will make the difference!

Brady

2 Likes

Congrats Mat!

You have just taken a huge first step to a career as an airline pilot. It may seem daunting right now but many years from now you’ll know you did the right thing.

Adam

1 Like

Mat,

I see you are the son of an AA pilot. My father retired from AA back in 2015 (he was a US Airways guy).

Congratulations on making the leap. Get started on those written exams and let us know how we can help!

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, my dad is a captain at AA based in Charlotte, so I’ve always been around aviation. He just turned 59 so he’s got a few years left before retirement. I’m hoping he will be a nice resource to have during this journey!

Super stoked for you, Mat! We are all here to support you through the process. I agree with the others. Enjoy the holidays and consider completing some written exams ahead of the program if you can.

Congrats!

Tory

1 Like

Thanks everyone! The big box from ATP showed up Friday so it’s starting to feel a little real now!

2 Likes

Mat,

I remember when I received my 20+ pound box of goodies, it started to feel really real. Embark the journey, the saying goes Tempus Fugit, make the friendship, memories and gain the rewards from each checkride. Wishing you the best, please keep us posted throughout your training!

Brady

1 Like

Mat,
It’s really happening! For me, the box made it all feel very real for the first time. So excited to follow along with your journey!
-Hannah

1 Like

Mat,

The ATP big box of books is legendary and has been around as long as I can remember. This is the beginning of a long and rewarding journey for you. Please continue to keep us in the loop.

Chris

1 Like

If youre doing a student Meritize offered me 6.6% vs Sallimies 9.8% :heart::muscle::v: congratulations