New Student Experience KSAC

Hello All,

This is Ali Sameer and after following this website for quite some time, I decided to post and share my experience. My introduction: I am 27 from Sacramento and come with a bachelors degree in computer science. Right after that i decided to follow my dream of flying and began to start my training for my PPL at a local Flight School while working full time. Got my PPL!!. Few months ago i decided to accelerate my flying career so i left my job to dedicate full time into aviation. followed the suggestions on here by the mentors on completing written exams before the start of the program. Just have FOI and FAI left to complete, which is gonna be in few weeks. I have Scheduled a visit for the 2nd sept to check out the Sacramento location. If everything goes well, Im planing on starting in October. ill try to keep everyone updated on my experiences.

Ali,

Thank you for posting and letting us know of your plans! I think it is great that you are working on your writtens before the program, but I would not delay a start date because of it. The program is designed for the writtens to be done while in it, so if you can start sooner, I absolutely would.

Let us know how your visit goes and if you have any questions.

Chris

Ali,

I am with Chris on this one. Having all of those written exams done this early is a game changer. However, if you just have the FOI and FIA left then it would make more sense to start ASAP and complete those tests during the program. You’ve already surpassed the benchmark. Well done.

Be sure to contact ATP for your 1 year subscription to ForeFlight Basic.

https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

Tory

Hi Ali,

I’m in Livermore, we might run into each other some time. You’ll probably fly here a few times during your training. Nice job on the writtens but yeah there’s no need to delay for FOI and FIA, you are ahead of the curve (on the written side) so as long as you maintain the pace you should be just fine.

Good luck on your training!

Alex

Thank you Chris, Tory and Alex I have already scheduled FOI for tomorrow and then on Thursday have my ATP visit, I’m get on with it ASAP. Thank you for ur advice. Also looking forward to running into you Alex in the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ali,

Anytime, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

I know i havent updated my status since my last post, but im happy to announce that i completed the program with no checkride failures a week ago. It has been a fun roller coaster ride but in the end it was all worth it. Ill post my timeline below.

Started credits to private at KSAC on oct 4th 2021
After been having delayed due to weather passed my instrument checkride on 12/18/21
The next phase was commercial and felt like the fastest phase - passed my commercial checkride on 1/19/22
After 2 weeks of CFI ground (virtual) i was sent to Jacksonville for the CFI academy
That was one of the diffcult phase to get thru, basically teaching all day long. the reason why it was so difficult for me was due to the fact that i was away from home and was hit by delays after delays due to crappy weather. On the plus side me and my roommates got plenty of time teaching and studying.
Passed the CFI checkride on 3/14/22
Next up was getting back in the game of instrument, i was suprised how quick i lost proficiency on my first flight, but after 2nd and 3rd, I was back on track!
Passed my CFII on 4/7/22
Multiengine was the best and fun, passed my multi on 4/24/22
MEI took longer than expected due to plane being in maintenance and no DPE availability finally passed and completed my program on 5/23/22

I was just like many other people was concerned about joining ATP fast track program, but the program works only if you give ur 100%. The instructors are great and want to help you succeed. I was blessed with great instructors that took time to do grounds and really make sure that you are ready for checkride.
Next up im on wait list to instruct at KSAC location. Hopefully sonner :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Congrats Ali and I couldn’t have said it better! It’s definitely not easy but it is more than worth it. Not only have you achieved the goal of successfully completing all your training and are now at the point you’ll be GETTING paid to fly vs paying, but this experience should have given you the confidence to know that once you are hired by an airline you have the ability and work ethic to be successful in that as well. Which is really the point.

Major kudos. Hopefully you’ll get that call sooner than expected.

Adam

Congrats Ali!

You are right, you’re only going to get out of it what you put in. You put in the work and you have the pass rate to prove it. Your perspective will be valuable as an instructor. Something you can demonstrate to your own students in the future. Keep us updated on Indoc. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.

Hannah

Ali,

Congratulations!! That is a huge accomplishment! Hopefully you are back to instructing before you know it. Thank you for the update and congratulations again!

Chris

Thank you all, for all your support on this form!!

1 Like

Ali,

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and with others. Trust me when I say it is greatly appreciated by many.

Chris

Ali,

Congratulations on completing the ACPP! Always take your “you’re only going to get out of it what you put in” as you continue your career. Instructing is a nice experience which allows us to improve our own skill while teaching someone what we once didn’t know. There could be late nights or early mornings, but it all pays off in the end.

Please let us know how instructing goes, your first student sign-off is very sentimental feeling because you were once in that same position, but in different perspective. Congrats again!

Brady