New students

I graduated from High school 5 years ago. I went to college for 2 years and I was talking remedial classes, I didn’t find college interesting at all for me. I’m trying to do the ATP school courses, I’m really interesting about airplanes especially now every time that I have to take somebody to the airport… by the way I’m from New York. I don’t how to start I’m a little scared tuitions “ Finance program “

Can you take classes online?
How many years takes to become a professional pilot?
How students suppose to pay school?
When you finish your career at ATP, How long would take you to find a job ??

Emmy,

First and foremost I recommend you visit our FAQ section and the ATP website where you’ll find the answers to many common questions and outline the process. To answer your questions:

1. No. You cannot learn to fly online. While you can take care of some of the book stuff online, flying airplanes is a physical activity which requires hands-on training in airplanes and simulators.

2. ATPs Career Pilot Program takes 7mos after which you’ll have the licenses and ratings needed to be a professional pilot. If however you’re asking how long before you can fly for an airline, that will take approximately 2 more years building the required 1500hrs of flight time.

3. Most students take out loans to pay for their training.

4. See above.

Adam

Emmy,

Adam answered your questions well. I’ll add my two cents. You really should take an intro flight to see what flying is all about before making any commitments. It’s a huge undertaking. It will take huge sacrifices in your life and on your bank account. Go flying and see how it goes. Read the FAQs and check out the ATP program timeline. After that, you can come back with more specific questions and next steps in terms of program prerequisites, etc.

Hannah

Thank you thank you. What’s the location nearest to New York and How can I start my process??

Do I have to do everything online or personal??

Adam

Emmy,

You didn’t mention any previous flight experience, as Hannah mentioned an Admission Flight should be your first step. I like to recommend visiting a few schools unless your dead set on ATP because you want to find the right school for you, only you will be able to determine which school is best for you. Chris made a great thread posting on the type of questions you could ask prospected school:

Adam already answered your questions. I’m unsure of what you are asking by “Do I have to do everything online or personal??”

Brady