Older former military helicopter pilot

Hi,

I am approximately 61 and a former military transport helicopter pilot. I have approximately 1800 total time; 1500 rotor wing and 300 S/E turbine airplane time. I also have a commercial M/E Airplane, Helicopter and instrument ratings.

After a 30-year career in law enforcement and government, I am interested in possibly getting a corporate jet pilot job as a SIC.

I have not flown in the last 15 years, but am looking at recertification again if feasible.

Is this a realistic endeavor, and if so what steps do you recommend I take?

Thank you for your consideration.

Robert,

I am afraid that you might not be very happy with the corporate jobs that are out there. You would be looking at the lower time jobs and many of those do not have pay or work rules that you would find acceptable.

The issues stem from your age, lack of multi engine time and lack of recency of flight experience. I think you might have a difficult time finding a job.

Chris

Chris, Thank you for your response and advice.

Robert,

While I agree with Chris that you probably won’t get a job flying a G650 around the globe, corporate flying is very much about networking etc. There are many jobs out there and frankly you never know. I’d get current and start looking. Visit your local airport and look online. Never hurts to ask.

Adam

Robert,

Before you do anything, I would listen to Adam and start asking around. See if there are any jobs out there that interest you. Present your quals and experience to whomever is in charge of hiring and see if they’d even be interested in hiring you. If yes, they’ll tell you what you’ll need to do.

Tory