Ppl checkride complete

Hello all, I come to the forum bearing some unfortunate news. As of this morning I didn’t receive a cfi endorsement. I’m disappointed but also content with the outcome as I gave it my best and this is real life not everything is going to go your way. I was able to make it to the mock checkride, the two year informed in the debrief that my teaching was pretty spot on but my right seat proficiency was just not up to checkride standards. It has been a pleasure to attend ATP and I won’t forget the memories and opportunities that came along with it. The last 7-8 months have made me grow and change as an individual. To all the pilot mentors I appreciate all the support you all give. To future students, just know that it is doable and to NEVER give up. This isn’t the end for me as I am going to go out into the low time pilot world with great experience and a fire under neath me to live up to my own personal goals and dreams. Lastly, I’d like to give a big shoutout to @Brady for keeping me motivated and to always strive for the best in this program. This probably won’t be the last post I put up, expect some occasional updates.

Thank you,
Jawad Banihani

1 Like

Very sorry to hear Jawad.

The CFI checkride can be very challenging as it encompasses ALL the skills and knowledge you’ve learned to date and that’s alot.

Keep your head up and the great attitude and please let us know what you find.

Good luck,

Adam

1 Like

Jawad,

It’s been a pleasure to fly and watch your growth not only as a pilot (like you mentioned), but a person. Adversity hits sometimes and we don’t have those “perfect” flights to get the endorsement, but from discussion with you this isn’t the end. I think with a little more right-seat practice you’ll be able to hit the nail on the head and get the endorsement; furthermore, getting the CFI ticket.

Please stay in touch, I look forward to your next journey.

Brady

1 Like

Jawad,

You should feel proud of what you have accomplished. Four ratings in just a few short months. You’re well prepared to hit the job market with those ratings. Right now there are low time jobs posted all over the place. Aerial would be my first pick. Often times you can fly a light twin, on IFR flight plans… multi engine XC IFR time is about as good of time as you could get.

If you decide to continue pursuing your CFI, be persistent. If it’s stick and rudder skills from the right side, that can be mastered with more time.

It’s been a pleasure watching your journey and consistent enthusiasm for your future. Please keep us updated on where you end up.

Hannah

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I will for sure stay positive moving forward and strive to make the best of every situation in front of me. Who knows I may continue on to get my CFI elsewhere and follow down that path. Though as of now I am keeping every option open and weighing the pros and cons before making a decision.

Jawad

2 Likes