Program cost differences

Hello, I’m new here, and please forgive me if this has been previously covered.
I’ve seen 2 cost breakdowns, one for zero time, and one starting from private. Those costs being $75,995 and $58,995 respectively.
While browsing the ATP website, I noticed the section highlighting ATP grads and the places they’re getting hired at, and it also lists how long they were in the program, and how much it cost them. Some individuals were close to that $75k mark.
But I noticed a fair amount of inviduals as low as $50-51k.
Why is that? Can someone please explain why some individuals are going for roughly $8k less than the advertised program price? I’m just curious and trying to figure out how to be as financially savvy as possible in pursuing this career. Thanks much!
-Austin

Austin,

The program used to cost less, but as with all things, the price has gone up with inflation, fuel costs, instructor pay raises, etc. You are looking at people that paid the old, lower prices.

Chris

Austin,

If you look more carefully at the grads info you’ll notice the grads start dates. Those currently being placed at airlines started the program 2 years ago (in 2016). The program cost has increased since then due to inflation, maintenance costs, fuel, raising instructor pay and other expenses. That’s the reason for the difference.

Adam

That 100% makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply guys! I appreciate it.