Quick little update

Hello everyone,
It is great to see everyone responding on here, it really helps answer questions people may have before being part of this great industry.

Just a quick little update about me, I have had my loan approved from Sallie Mae and did my free intro flight at the Concord, NC location. Next step is for me to get my medical (I have an appointment next week).
I have yet to set a start date, but I am leaning towards a start in June.

I will be graduating with my 4-year degree this May, and if it were not with all the mentor’s encouragement and emphasis on how important a 4-year degree is then I would not have gotten one in the first place. So a huge thank you! For everything you all do in this forum.

Lastly,
I can’t wait to start with ATP in June, I have been researching and part of this forum for over two years now and I can’t believe the day has finally come to where I will be now part of this industry I have always wanted to be a part of.

Again, thank you all for the guidance and encouragement!

1 Like

Harsh,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you’ve got everything lined up. Unless you’ve got some concern or pre-existing condition your medical should be a non-event. If you want to begin in June, i would try and secure a start date soon. Dates do fill up (particularly in the summer after school) and you want to get the spot you want.

Adam

1 Like

Harsh,

Thank you for your kind words about the forum. Thank you of the update as well, I would schedule your class date as soon as you have the medical. Please keep us in the loop as you prepare for the program.

Chris

1 Like

Harsh,

Glad to hear it! Sounds like you’re nearly all set to get started on this new journey. Like the others have said, I’d jump on scheduling that class date as soon as you have that medical in hand. After that, get a heads start on those written exams! Please keep us updated.

Hannah

1 Like

Congrats! I’m a student at the Concord location currently. Pick a start date soon! Not that long ago they were putting people on a waiting list for start dates. Not anymore currently, but things change fast. We have a couple new instructors starting this week so that helps. But I would still try to put something down solidly sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I am a Concord alum, did all my student ratings there, instructed and was the lead for a time. Great location :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you to all of you!

Btw, I got my medical :smile: will call in and get my start date secured with ATP at Concord location.

Got yet to figure out my housing situation there

2 Likes

Harsh,

Good on the medical. I am filling out the paperwork for my own as we speak. Let us know when you have a start date, please.

Chris

1 Like

Got my class date fixed! June 6th

Very excited :slight_smile:

Harsh,

We’re excited you’re excited! Good job!

Adam

Saw a few similarities between you and me. My first day is June the 6th as well at the concord location. Though I’m coming in with credit for private, i too have been reading though the forum for a few years. I guess ill see you at Concord!

Harsh and Josh,

Both of you should have plenty of time to get working on those written exams. With a month to go, I would try to get at least one, if not two out of the way with.

Chris

Harsh,

Congratulations on a start date! Concord is a great facility; I’ve always enjoyed my passings when I get down that way from New Jersey. Get ahold of the Sporty’s Private Pilot Test Prep app from the App Store.

Josh,

Congrats as well on the start date! I too recommend starting on the written (IRA & FII, take the test same day - maybe even add the IGI in there), Sheppard Air is a great test prep software to prepare for every written after the PAR.

Brady

1 Like

Brady and Chris, Absolutely ive already done the IRA and CAX. Unfortunately i did not get the FII done on the same day as IRA so ill have to go back for that. Thanks for the advice, both of you.