Republic Airways and Delta

Hey Everyone!

I was recently reading up on Republic Airways and read that you get a guaranteed application review with Delta Airlines. I was seeing if there were many people who went through Republic and onto Delta, and mainly, seeing what the odds are of getting through to Delta. I have seen a lot lately about Deltas Propel Program and was curious if they are taking more pilots from that route than others.

I have also been struggling on finding Delta’s minimum requirements, maybe I am just not looking In the right places. Also, does anyone know how many major airlines require a degree in aviation, if I don’t get a degree in aviation, how much will that affect me getting a job at a major airline?

Hi Tyler,

I can assist with you where to find the pilot requirements, check out this link: Delta Air Lines Pilot Careers and Programs. It would be a miracle if the ‘Majors’ didn’t require some sort of degree. I believe most if not all require a 4-year degree of your choosing - does not have to be aviation specific and in fact, we recommend finding something that you would enjoy if aviation fell through and you had to rely on that degree. I believe some regionals don’t require a degree, but it’s in your best interest to get one. A degree would help you overall in hiring processes, your own future, and a backup plan.

Unfortunately I have no background or information about Republic nor Delta Propel to assist with your first question.

Brady

Tyler,

All of the legacy majors (Delta, American, United, etc) require a degree, but it by no means needs to be in aviation. My degree is in business administration, I have known pilots to have degrees in majors all across the spectrum, but you will need a degree in something.

Chris

Tyler,

I wouldn’t get too excited about a “guaranteed application review”. That simply means someone will look at your application. Doesn’t mean it won’t end up on the trash. Now a guaranteed interview is something else.

You won’t find many people with experience in the Propel program as it’s a) relatively new and b) CV19 threw a huge wrench in the works. I have no doubt it will emerge as a good program as Delta is a great airline but again it’s just too soon to see results.

While all the Majors what a 4yr degree, no airline requires or even desires one in aviation. Study what you like and it’s always a good idea to have a back up.

Adam