Semester Dates

Really simple question, so I’m sorry about that, but what are the semester dates for the programs?
I can’t seem to find it online but does that mean you are able to start at any time during the year?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

It was my understanding they start like on a weekly basis. I’m sure someone else will chime in.

2 Likes

Kai,

Welcome to the forum, program start dates are weekly, starting on Monday being Day 1. I believe all classes are booked throughout February and the earliest start date is March 7, you can confirm that with our Admissions team when calling to schedule an introductory flight.

Brady

2 Likes

Kai,

As Brady said, classes start weekly, so you should be able to start at just about any point in the year. That being said, classes can fill up, so we recommend booking your start date at least ninety days in advance.

Chris

2 Likes

Got it, thanks for your quick response!

Thank you Chris, I appreciate the advice!

Hello,

Just out of curiosity and not sure if anyone would have the answer to this but, how do they manage to start a whole training program every week? Do I choose a start date and whomever has that start date we all train together till the end? vice versa for other weeks

Thanks for any responses!

Harsh,

While not all your instruction will be done one on one, the vast majority of it will be. ATP can start classes weekly because they have the resources to do so. You’ll be assigned an instructor who you’ll be working with for the bulk of your training. Your instructor may have multiple students but not too many as to not give you the attention you need.

It’s not a problem and hasn’t been for 4 decades.

Adam

Harsh,

Training programs are not like traditional large classes, it is a few students starting every week. You will be on a similar timeframe as other students, but will not necessarily be tied to their schedule.

Chris

Harsh,
You may or may not have other students on your start date. Depends on the size of the training center… and popularity of the date you start. Regardless the training footprint is the same. Your instructor will start you on day 1 while having other students on day 24 or 53. Learning from students ahead of you in the program is also very valuable.
-Hannah

1 Like

In your experience having been an instructor at one point, would you say it’s tough having students all at different spots? That sounds tough juggling all that and remembering who has learned what.

Ben

Ben,

That’s why all students have training folders and records. The system isn’t reliant on how good someone’s memory is.

Adam

1 Like

Ben,
No not really actually. The instructor portal is very user friendly. When you schedule flights for a certain student it will tell you at what phase they are in and what lesson plan to associate with that flight/phase. We also leave detailed debrief notes after each flight/lesson/sim so we can always reference those to know the students weakness in the last event and what we’ve covered.
-Hannah

2 Likes