SkyWest December 2021 Reserve

My December schedule turned out better than I anticipated. Bidding 199/201 for ORD I fully imagined working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years but to my surprise, I was off all of them! On Christmas Eve I had one reserve shift left (3am-3pm) but I got released early and I was headed home around noon with plenty of time to be home with my family for the holidays.

I know it doesn’t look like a reserve schedule, thats because I got fed trips so I would meet my consolidation deadline (100 hrs in 120 days since my type ride). It sure was nice to get a taste of what a line would be like.

In total, 18 reserve days and I flew 16 of those days. Total block time was 56 hours.

3 Likes

Hannah,

What did you think of your brief time in FWA? I grew up there and can’t tell you how many times I’ve done the FWA-ORD trip and back as a kid.

Mat

Hi Hannah,

How long do you envisage it being before you are able to get off reserve?

Josh

Mat,
Fort Wayne is a very fun overnight! I’ve flown in there many times so far. We get to stay downtown and often crews walk to get dinner and drinks together. Seems like a great place to grow up!
-Hannah

1 Like

Josh,
Don’t want to jinx is but I should be senior enough to hold a line for February! Bidding opens on Thursday so I should see my seniority in the bid package. If I’m within the targeted line holders zone I have a pretty good shot! It would three months total on reserve so not all that bad! I’ll keep ya guys updated.
-Hannah

1 Like

Crossing my fingers for you. :crossed_fingers: :yum:

Ben

Hello. I’m interested in the SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program. Can you tell me more about it? Thanx!

Ian

Feel free to check this website out! It has a ton of information. Keep in mind, as ATP CFI’s you also have the ability to earn tuition reimbursement.

-Hannah

1 Like