SkyWest October 2021 IOE/Reserve

October was a big month for me! I successfully completed IOE and the CRJ 700 and 900 checkouts. (I completed the CRJ 200 checkout Nov 1-3 but that will be on next months schedule) With that, I’ve officially graduated from the training department and off to crew scheduling for a reserve schedule!

1- OFF
2- OFF
3- OFF
4- OFF
5- OFF
6- OFF
7- OFF
8- OFF
9- OFF
10-OFF
11- OFF
12-OFF
13-OFF
14-OFF
15- OFF
16-OFF
17- OFF
18- ORD-DTW-MEM
19- MEM-OMA-DTW
20- DH back to ORD
21-OFF
22-ORD-MHT-COU
23-COU-DFW-LAW-FWA
24-FWA-ORD-MDT
25-MDT-ORD-STL
26-STL-ORD
27-OFF
28- OFF
28- OFF
30-OFF
31- OFF

15 Likes

Congratulations, Hannah! You must be so excited. Happy flying!

1 Like

Congrats Hannah! This is awesome.

1 Like

Hannah,

Congratulations! Hope to run into you in the terminal. How long is reserve these days in your base?

Chris F

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Woohoo! :clap:t3::grin::tada::confetti_ball:

I had full confidence in you completing training with flying colors. I’m very happy for you, Hannah!

Tory

1 Like

Hannah,

I’d say congrats but was there ever a doubt? I think not :wink:

Enjoy the Regional life (seriously). I had a blast and still miss it from time to time.

Adam

1 Like

Hannah,

Congratulations with those accomplishments! Looking forward to hearing about your successes at Skywest!

Brady

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I love the community here. :slight_smile:
So far reserve is looking between 3-4 weeks and that’s it! I’m eligible to bid for December and I’ve heard most hold lines the first month they bid! Hopefully I have the same luck being based in Chicago (such a jr base…). I’ll keep ya updated! Also @Cforero7 you’re Chicago based too right?

2 Likes

Yea, I’ll see ya around. Maybe fly with you after upgrade in the spring :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hi Hannah, as a new FO on reserve do you get to bid on the type of reserve schedule you have eg. Long call, short call, airport , etc? Were you able to get your preferences (or at least some) for the first month?

Ravi,

After completing training, Crew Support will assign you reserve days It will be a mix of short call (2hr) or Ready Reserve (at airport).

So if you finish IOE on the 25th of Nov then Crew Support will schedule you reserve for the end of November and all of December. You’ll be able to bid for a January Schedule.

Chris F

1 Like

Ravi,
Chris answered this well, but no you don’t get any preferences the first month out of IOE. I finished IOE after the November bid period so I was scheduled out based on the reserve needs for the month. However, I will get to bid for December here in a few days where I’m going to shoot for holding a line of some sort… stay tuned!
-Hannah