Solo XC!

Hey everyone Jawad coming back at you with another update on the progress. On Jan 13, I was blessed by Mother Nature to have good weather to complete my first solo cross country. Man what an experience. Getting to put into effect all of the skills I’ve been learning the passed two months was great. Fortunately for me there was not much traffic enroute to the airports designated (KLNS-KABE). I was able to get my landings in painlessly and efficiently. Overall a great experience which is keep the motivation high and keeping me looking forward to the latter training

4 Likes

Major kudos and congrats Jawad! While it won’t really show up as a major achievement when you move on in your career, I always felt on a mental and confidence level it’s huge. It’s really the first time you’re out there on your own and as you said putting all you learned into practice.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Adam

Thanks Adam! It for sure gave me that confidence boost. I will for sure keep the updates coming.

Jawad

Jawad,

Your first solo cross country is certainly a big one to accomplish. Congrats on doing so. When is your PPL check ride scheduled for?

Chris

Chris,

Thank you! I’m currently scheduled for the 31st. Really hoping this winter storm gives up so I can get the next one in so that my check ride prep goes smoothly and on time.

Jawad

Jawad,
Congrats on the solo XC! I would agree, that achievement is one that really develops your confidence as a PIC. Good look on your upcoming checkride. I hope the weather cooperates and your next update you’re writing to tell us your a private pilot.
-Hannah

Congrats, Jawad!

It sounds like your Solo XC was a success! I still remember that feeling after my first. It was exactly as you described — a much needed confidence booster. Your checkride will be here before you know it. We’re all rooting for you!

Tory

Thank you Hannah, the updates will keep coming and hopefully everything works weather wise

Jawad

1 Like

Thank you Tory, very excited and nervous to get on to the checkride.

Jawad

All,

I can confirm that @JawadB has been putting in the work! This man has been showing up more than prepared for every lesson and been at the training center on days he cannot fly to do ground or sim on his own. Jawad, keep it up! Soon enough you will be holding that Temporary Airmen Certificate in your hand and starting your Instrument training!

@Chris, I can confidentially say that his checkride tentatively is scheduled for the end of this month :wink: …so either January 31 evening, or February 1 we will have great happenings here!

Brady

1 Like