First solo complete!

I was originally supposed to solo last thursday, but got delayed due to some TFRs and high winds. Today, I finally solo’d. What an adrenaline rush on the first takeoff! I think I yelled “holy s***” a few times climbing up to pattern altitude. What a legendary day. I look forward to powering through to my PPL checkride.

I want to post a video of my first landing, but it says it’s the incorrect file type.

6 Likes

Congrats! I just had my first solo Saturday! There’s nothing quite like it to boost your confidence though, is there?
-Jack

1 Like

Congrats! Yeah it really is a confidence boost. A month ago I had never flown a plane before. It’s almost hard to believe haha

1 Like

Congrats Andy! Yea, aside from the fact you’re in there all by your lonesome the performance boost of being one person lighter is definitely attention getting!

Keep up the great work!

Adam

1 Like
7 Likes

Andy,
Congratulations! There is nothing quite like that first lap in the pattern all by yourself. Nerve racking but completely exhilarating. Take that confidence through to your solo cross countries and you’ll be well set up mentally to crush that private checkride. Keep us updated.
-Hannah

1 Like

Congratulations, Andy!

The first solo is a huge achievement. I love the video! That landing though! :facepunch:t2::boom:

Tory

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait for the cross country flights

Thank you! It took a lot of practice to get there. When I first started doing landings they were pretty bad :joy: I think one day it just clicked and I was able to figure out how to let the plane touch down smoothly.

2 Likes

Andy,

Well done friend! Congratulations on the huge accomplishment and big day, soloing is a huge milestone in our journey, and you’ve crossed the runway.

Remember with every runway, there’s endless destinations. Enjoy your Cross Countries, it is a surreal moment when you sit there alone trying to get flight following and approach frequencies are busy, and you sneak in a VFR request.

Brady

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say that when we all started our landings were bad too. Landings are both a science and an art and each one is unique, which can be humbling at times when we have a bad landing even after all these years.

Tory

2 Likes

@Tory,

In Trenton, we always have crosswinds at this time of the year, always feel the need to check the struts upon shutdown. I’ve had a few rough landings myself to this day :joy:@Adam can contest to Trenton crosswinds. LOL

Brady

2 Likes

Tru dat! I’ve told the story of the plane I saw land in a crab and sheared the gear off! Good times!

Adam

2 Likes

@Adam, Frontier went missed twice the other day ILS 6 before attempting the RNAV (RNP) 24…boy was that a site to see. :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Andy,

Awesome accomplishment! A huge congratulations to you! Thank you for the update and the picture. Please continue to keep us in the loop as you progress through your training.

Chris

1 Like