Sweet Ride :)

My ride for the evening. Fresh out of a heavy check. Ain’t she purdy? :slight_smile:

Adam

7 Likes

He’s handsome.

Looking good :slight_smile:

Thank you Danielle, but the prevailing opinion is that “Fifi” is a she? Just saying :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

what AirBus is that, look like a 330 not sure?

Charlie,

You need to look more closely :slight_smile:

Adam

Adam,

I remember from seeing them everyday and flying on them that all Hawaiian planes have a name on the side. The C-17s stationed at Hickam all have a similar name. Is there any significance to those names or are they all just given a random name? Does Hawaiian still fly the 767?

Jeremy,

Hawaiian names all their planes with specific themes for each fleet. The 717/767 are named for local birds and migratory birds and the A330 is named for the constellations used by early Polynesian navigators. We’re still flying the 767’s but they will be phased out slowly as we accept deliveries of the new A321 Neo fleet. Here’s the first at the paint shop in Hamburg due here next month. Not sure how they’ll be named but looks another sweet ride :slight_smile:

neo

1 Like

I flew many trips to Hamburg in my international days, it sure would have caught me by surprise to see a Hawaiian A321 there.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Best commercial flight hands down was our Hawaiian flight into HNL from Seattle. Used the back gate out of base all the time and drove past where all the planes not in service sat there by the jail. Always wondered what the words said/meant. Since you have flow both interisland and heavy for them, which do you prefer? I know the interisland flights are extremely short so how many of them would you do in a single day? I’ve always wanted to fly the biggest plane I could get into but it’s hard to beat being home every night.

Jeremy,

I’ve been quite vocal lately about my preference. Like you (and most pilots) I wanted to fly the biggest shiniest plane in the fleet and was very excited and proud when I took my first A330 flight to Asia. I was finally a REAL airline pilot! While I’m glad I had the experience the excitement wore off quickly and I am beyond happy to be returning to Interisland in Oct. Everyone has different goals, aspirations and whatever other elements they need to be happy and no one can say who’s are right because there is no right or wrong. People always ask me what’s my favorite overnight and mine is Hawaii! That’s why I moved here. The other thing is sitting in the cockpit for 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 hours is not what I call fun. Some guys love it and that’s fine. For me there simply is no better pilot job in the World than Hawaiian Interisland. As you said you’re home every night and that home is Hawaii. Next there are am and pm schedules. I’m an am guy which means my trips start at 5-6 am and I’m pau by noon. Everyday. No redeyes, no late nights, no backside of the clock so Adam is always well rested. There’s no snow, no winter ops, few if any delays. The days range from 4-9 landing but the usual is 6. You’re either taking of or landing, 20 min turns, the day flys (no pun) and you’re done before you know it. I don’t even have to wear a tie! :slight_smile:

Again it’s personal preference but to me after I close the cockpit door it really doesn’t matter how many people are sitting behind me or how big my airplane is or isn’t. I became a pilot to be happy and while I can’t really complain about flying Hawaiian’s flagship the 717 is the heart and soul of the operation and I’m just as proud to fly it. And a whole lot happier :slight_smile:

Adam

1 Like

Adam

Thanks for the response. I did a really bad job on the wording of my question. I knew you preferred interisland but I was more less asking if it was because of being home every night and shorter days or if you didn’t really like the really long flights.

D) All of the above.

Adam