Taking IFR, FII, IGI. Possible for the same day?

I start with ATP in Conroe next week and am trying to get a little ahead! I received my IRA endorsement and wanted to knock out IFR, FII, and IGI hopefully in the same day. How should I schedule it on PSI? Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks.

Zachary,

I think it is very doable in scheduling at least the IRA and FII same day. If the location you go to has the spot for the IGI, I would recommend taking it the same day as well if money is not an issue at the time. Taking the IGI early would allow you to qualify for your Ground Instructor certificate and one day achieving the Gold Seal CFI, if you desire.

Brady

1 Like

Money is not an issue, I am just wondering how I should schedule it on the PSI website? Can I schedule the two/three of them during the same testing slot on the same day? Thanks.

Zachary,

You may schedule multiple exams per day your PSI testing center. You will have to schedule them at separate slots; however, I did have a student once try scheduling back-to-back exams and it gave conflict because there was not a 30-minute period between the two. If you have any questions or concerns with PSI Scheduling, you will want to contact them directly for your exams.

You may also start the next exams early. If you complete the first written in 20-minutes, you can ask to start the next one as you’re purchasing the timeslot for the exam.

Brady

1 Like

Hi Brady I have a follow up question for the OP’s post. Is there any benefit other than becoming a Gold Seal CFI to taking the IGI IF you plan on becoming a CFII anyways? Doesn’t the CFII certificate allow you to teach instrument ground lessons?

Thanks!

Robin,

Not really. Other than you can go into the FSDO and get your IGI certificate which gives you another endorsement to put on your resume.

Adam

1 Like

Robin,

Not to redirect you to this question asked by myself once, but here is a thread previously.

Crazy to think I asked this question 2.5 years ago, time flies… lol.

Brady

I wanted to provide a follow-up to my post.

I took the IRA and FII on the same day by scheduling the 9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-6:00pm time slots. It would not allow me to select the 12:00-3:00 time slot due to “overlap” with the 9-12 slot.

I passed both and am still considering the IGI later this week.

Thanks Brady for the help!

3 Likes

Zachary,

Glad it worked out for you, congratulations on passing both! It will serve you well.

Don’t sit too long and not take the IGI, it can only benefit you/.

Brady

Zachary,

Good work on the tests. I recommend taking the IGI test, there really is no reason not to.

Chris

1 Like