The Lockheed Constellation

I got a chance to check out an abandoned Lockheed Constellation today in Aquidilla, Puerto Rico. Even though the airplane was in poor shape it still maintained the eloquent lines that have helped make it one of the most celebrated airliners to ever fly the skies.

3 Likes

Very Cool! Since we’re doing aviation pictures, I got to checkout this Ford Tri-motor in CLE 3 weeks ago. It’s being restored by my friend Paul and a few of his buds. He’s actually in the process of writing a new POH for it.

That is really interesting. Did you get to go inside it at all?

Here you go! What’s really cool is Paul is one of only 25 (give or take) pilots in the world with a Ford TriMotor type!

So cool. Now if I could just figure out what the spray bottle is for.

This one is for Chris. A friend posted this pic of them putting the final touches on the TWA hotel in JFK which includes a Connie shell.

1 Like

Very cool! I can’t wait to see how everything turns out and am debating on spending a night after it opens but that’s dependent on my writtens being completed.

Also how is your friends Tri Motor coming along since it’s been 3 yrs

Tom,

He’s been flying that thing around the country for a while now (airshows etc). I’ve dying to go up I just don’t get to the mainland enough.

Adam

So cool. I am dying to stay there. Both of my grandfathers were TWA pilots and I remember going through that terminal as a kid.

1 Like

Is this the same Tri Motor giving out rides? I took a ride on 9645 while at the CFI Acdemy down in Phoenix back in Late January. They flew this plane into Falcon north of IWA.

2 Likes

That’s her!

I flew right seat my senior year of high school back in 06’. Flew like a brick!

2 Likes

That is awesome. It looks so cool.

Think we should all chip in for Chris’ Birthday! :grinning:

Adam

1 Like

That would be awesome. But instead of a Super G with the radome, I would really prefer a regular Constellation with the original snub nose.

My bad, I’ll change the order first thing tomorrow! :wink:

Adam

I do love that they painted it as TWA. In my mind, there is nothing classier than a TWA Constellation. I just imagine sitting in that seat, flying to Paris Orly airport, the navigator getting a fix on the stars and the passengers in their business suits. Those were the golden days of aviation.

1 Like

Look at Chris waxing poetic!

Who knew? :wink:

Adam

1 Like

Look at who and what Ol’ Blue Eyes saw fit to fly on:

3 Likes

The more I think about this, we clearly need a Constellation in ATP colors.