Training and full time job

I have full time job 5 days working and 2 days off so I want to get training when I get off work for two days Is this plan possible to become a pilot?

If you’re asking if you can do ATP 2 days a week, that’s not going to happen. It’s a full time accelerated airline career pilot program.

You could train two days a week at a local mom and pop school but we highly discourage it. It will take a long time and cost much more than it should doing it that way. Flying is a skill that needs consistent time and effort. If you fly once and then take a week off, half of your next flight you’re trying to get back the skills you had a week ago before building upon those. That leads to super inefficient training and burning through cash.

Hannah

I would really recommend against this approach flight training. Two days per week is simply not enough. Keep in mind that there will be weather issues, mechanical issues and just plain life that gets in the way those two days. It could take you many years at that rate and end up costing way more than should. If you are serious about becoming an airline pilot, you need to find a way to train full time.

Chris

Can you? Sure. Is it a good idea? No. Will it be time consuming, expensive and inefficient. Most definitely.

That said you could give it a try and maybe start some training until you’re in a position to go full-time.

Adam

Check out a typical day as a student at ATP:

I agree with what everyone has said already, ATP is a full-time commitment and will have to sacrifice a little to receive more.

Brady