Tuition Reimbursement

Hello again pilots. This is a very general question.

Are there any airlines out there that offer tuition reimbursement? I think airlines like Envoy Air and Mesa Airlines offer it for flight training, but my plan is to get a college degree in professional flight. Since I want to do it through college, is tuition reimbursement available? Im not really sure how this works.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew,

Let’s see if I can clear things up for you. If your plan is to go the aviation university route, you will need to check with the uni if they have tuition reimbursement opportunities.

Now, ATP has agreements with about a dozen regional airlines that offer tuition reimbursement:
https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/tuition-reimbursement.html but this program is only available to ATP CFIs.

So, unless you plan on attending ATP, you will have to contact your university to learn more about what they offer.

Tory

1 Like

Andrew,

I agree with Tory you’ll need to contact the universities you’re interested in. However I have to say I’ve never heard of any tuition reimbursement programs for colleges or universities. The cost would be very prohibitive and I don’t see that happening.

Adam

Since you attending a uni, your loans are legitimate student loans, which means lower rates too. So the financial burden is significantly less for someone in your shoes. The grand total might be the same or a little more, but when it is only at a 4% rate, that is a massive help. The airlines might not be inclined to offer the help given that

1 Like

Thanks for the help aviators! I will check with the university about tuition.

Thanks

Andrew

Zachary,

I would strongly disagree with you that the lower interest rates offset the higher costs of attending a university flight program as they are incredibly expensive.

Chris

2 Likes

They are more expensive, but having a rate of 4% lightens the monthly load compared to a 10+% rate