Which regionals are producing the best pilots?

This question is primarily for Adam and Chris, but if anyone else has any insight or have discussed this with someone who has an opinion, please chime in.

I’m just curious if you guys have noticed if there are any specific regionals who have consistently produced top notch pilots. For example - when you guys are working these trips or are even having casual aviation related conversations with other pilots, have you noticed that you just really enjoy working or talking with certain pilots because they simply seem more competent than others, and if so - is there a trend on where these pilots have come from?

Great question and I’d also be curious to hear from the pros. I’ve always heard SkyWest has a good reputation among the majors…its large, has multiple contracts with all four majors, and has been around for a while. Their training is also said to be pretty good…but things are always changing.

Peter,

Since I upgraded I’ve had the opportunity to fly with pilots from a number of Regionals and I haven’t seen any one group outshine another or one producing better pilots than any other. It really comes down to the individual and most important their attitude. Frankly attitude is EVERYTHING as far as I’m concerned. If someone’s skills aren’t stellar that can be worked on but if someone is just a miserable person that’s really hard to overcome.

Adam

1 Like

Peter,

I have found to be pretty well prepared, regardless of what regional they come from. The bottom line is that everybody has to meet the exact same FAA standards, which is why the US aviation system is the safest in the world.

Chris

1 Like

You fellas are so diplomatic. :laughing:

Thanks for the responses.

Peter,

You know me better than that! Honestly I’ve flown with great FOs and some VERY less than great FOs from every carrier. I’ve yet to see a pattern.

Adam

1 Like