Wondering about Envoy/Cargo

I heard that Envoy claims to hire you out of ATP Flight school with a total of 500 hours, but I am interested in working either FedEx or Ups, and was wondering is they can hire with the same type of program. If not, then is it possible for me to join envoy with their program and later go to one of the cargo carriers straight from Envoy?
Thanks!

Gari,

I think you’re a little confused. Envoy is a Regional and is the next rung in the ladder after you build time and experience. FedEx and UPS are both Majors and as such are amongst the top airlines in the world to work for. They hire pilots with THOUSANDS of hours and YEARS of experience. So to answer your question, yes after flying for Envoy, upgrading to Capt and filling up your logbook you could then apply to FedEx or UPS. That all said I’d work on getting your PPL first :wink:

Adam

Thanks Adam!

Gari,

Envoy can chose to make a conditional offer of employment at 500 hours, but you will not actually start class until you reach 1,500 hours. FedEx and UPS are the absolute pinnacle of the airline industry, it takes many years of flying jets for them to even look at a pilot’s resume. The same applies to other major airlines like Delta, American, etc.

Chris

By a conditional offer what do you mean? And by starting class do you mean flying the passenger planes?
Thanks once again.

Gari,

A conditional offer means that the job offer is contingent on you meeting certain criteria, in this case building your flight time to 1,500 hours.

Yes, by “starting class” I mean actually starting your training at the regional airline.

Chris

Gari,

con·di·tion·al
/kənˈdiSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: conditional 1. subject to one or more conditions or requirements being met; made or granted on certain terms
Terms being things like you earn your 1500hrs, you don’t bust too many checkrides, you don’t get a DUI, you don’t lose your medical, you don’t have an aviation accident or incident, you don’t get arrested etc.

Starting class means Airline Training which you must successfully pass to be allowed to fly passengers.

Adam

1 Like

Alright thanks Adam, and Chris!