After high school gpa

If u have like a decent gpa after high school is hard
To join atp school

Luis,

ATP wants to see a strong HS GPA (3.0 or higher). More important to be an airline pilots you need good writing and communication skills. While I appreciate this is simply a forum, your post wouldn’t cut it off this was an application.

Adam

After high I’m going to atp I don’t need college to to join the school?

Luis,

No you don’t but you need to qualify and not everyone does. Admission is very competitive. Further we strongly recommend college.

Adam

Yes but if I leave high school with a good gpa there’s a
Chance I was reading they in the look for a lot of pilots I think college waste of time

Luis,

“CHANCE,” it does NOT guarantee that you will be “what they look for.”

I didn’t think college was a waste of time. In fact, college gives you the opportunity to explore career fields, mature, and become a responsible individual. Being an airline pilot requires a lot of maturity, responsibility and dependability. I don’t judge books by covers, but your sentences for a high school student is below average. I would recommend working on your writing skills, especially when it comes time to applying and interviewing for a flight school, college or professional job.

Brady

Brady

My question was that after I graduated High school do I need to go to college because I’ve read in the ATP flight school website that they drop the 4 year degree because they in the look for pilots, honestly college is it for me.

Luis,

To improve your English skills alone you should think about college. While it’s not a requirement, it is preferred by all Majors and is most definitely not a waste of time.

Adam

Luis,

Your writing skills leave much to be desired, you need significant work on that. I would recommend classes in basic grammar skills.

Chris

Luis,

If you’re thinking college is a waste of time, you’re lacking some basic maturity needed to be successful in a professional pilot training program. Although you could get by in the industry without one, it’s not advised. Based on your attitude and presentation so far, I’d highly recommend it. If you’re still set on your decision, make sure you review the program prerequisites. Admission is very competitive.

Hannah

Hannah

I’m not thinking it’s waste of time I just want to go direct to a flight school I feel like it’s the best choice and I have read all the requirements and seems like a good school for me. But if I don’t get accepted what’s a good choice to do any advice?

Luis

Luis,

I’m guessing you’re reading the high school GPA and assuming that’s going to check the box. It may, but read the note at the bottom of the website that says, “ Note that admission to ATP is extremely competitive, and meeting the criteria above does not guarantee acceptance.

If you’re not admitted with only a high school diploma, you’ll need to either complete college, 2 years of professional work experience or a PPL. Those will all increase your chances of getting in.

Hannah

1 Like

Hannah

Yes correct I was reading about the high school gpa and was informed about how extremely competitive it is to join. But I also was reading how they in look for a lot of pilots so due to that they drop the college degree down so that’s where I was like it would be good going direct flight school, let’s say I was to go to college first what classes would I have to take or is there other flight schools? How was your journey to become a pilot ? If I can know?

Luis,

Attending a flight school like ATP is competitive, interviewing for a job as a pilot is competitive, the only thing that can set you apart from someone that drops out of college is by having a few things: 1) a degree, 2) being successful in your training and 3) partaking in extracurricular activities involving aviation. Many pilots further their education by acquiring other ratings, FAASafety.gov (WINGS Program), seminars, organizations, the list goes on.

All of our journeys are posted in the Biography section of the forum.

Brady