GPA requirements

Ive read a few weeks ago that the prerequisites is either a private pilot’s license or either college experience, highschool gpa of either 2.5 or 3.0 either or i still had under because i didnt care about school because i wanted to join yhe military and unfortunately that didnt work out for me so im about to go get my private pilots license here soon, i was curious if having a 2.4 gpa is like a guaranteed no and i should definitely go ahead and get the private pilots license first or of i should apply and see if yall say no before getting my private

Noah,

With a low GPA, no college and no PPL I’m thinking your chances of acceptance are minimal. Keep in mind even if you get your PPL there’s no guarantee.

To further the conversation the Major airlines still desire and prefer a degree so it’s something you’ll probably have to deal with at some point. In addition, many airlines require pilots to do some writing or other exercise to confirm their communication skills. Based on your post you would not pass and will need to improve your skills as well.

Adam

Yeah i plan on getting my bachelors in business administration for free via my current employer benefits, so that would probably help sad they dont offer any aviation degrees but will keep that noted

Noah,

If you’re working and getting your Bachelors then why are you concerned about getting into ATP with a low HS GPA?

Adam

I’m a bit confused as well. In your previous posts you talk about going to flight training after high school and have concerns about getting in. Yet now you’re talking about getting your degree at the same time as building time…

You should focus on one thing at a time. Improve your high school GPA and focus on continuing your education with whatever employer benefits you speak of. Once you have a degree, then apply to flight training so you can fully focus on flying.

Hannah

Yeah im not sure where i said “highschool” in any of my posts, i read where you commented apply after highschool so i was confused i think you confused me mentioning highschool with me still being in it, maybe i did, and no like i also stated its an online college
Extra context its at my own pace i cant pause at anytime and pick back up where i started so worrying about 2 things at once isnt an issue

Hey Noah, Admissions here!

Our Admissions Prerequisites are;

• ATP Admissions will confirm you have at least one of the following:
    • A High School GPA of 3.0 (High School Seniors and Recent Graduates Only), or
    • Two Years of College Experience, or
    • Two Years of Professional Work Experience, or
    • Two Years of Military Service With an Honorable Discharge

If you do not meet any of the above requirements, I will strongly recommend obtaining a PPL 1st. Go with a school that works with your budget and schedule. Once you are Check-ride ready, give Admissions a call and you can start your enrollment with Credit Private!

Ahh yes thank you, other guys were just tryna get onto me you actually gave me the answer i wanted so i appreciate you man!
Just need 1 more paycheck and i can afford private pilots license so i just wanted to verify i NEEDED it before i should attempt applying

Noah,

We weren’t “getting on you”. We’re both trying to understand what you’re asking. Writing on a public forum without any punctuation makes it incredibly difficult to understand you. You’re asking for advice about pursuing a professional career and we’re giving you that advice. Whether you like it or agree with it is up to you. The ATP website has all the information it seemed you were looking for. Feel free to spend some time there and let us know if you have additional questions.

Hannah

Not really sure what you’re saying but I assure you I was not “tryna get onto” you.
:flushed:

Adam

Noah,

I find it disrespectful that you think Adam and Hannah “were just tryna get onto me” (in your own words). Not once did either of the mentors disrespectfully gave you incorrect information. Your initial thread posting was jumping all over the place and both provided quality responses based on the question(s) you asked.

In fact, ATP provides the answer to your question right on the website, so to say they didn’t help… I will stop scratching my head in ‘aw’. I believe a little maturing needs to happen before you consider flight training and your path.

Brady