After PAR Exam

Hi. This is Willy. My class date is July 3rd.
I just took the PAR exam and passed it.

What is the next step?

I read through the forum and the next exam I need to take is IRA and FII accordingly. Is that right?
So I called Shepard’s Air to get accesses for IRA&FII and they said I can get only one access at a time. And then I can get another access after take one exam.

But from the forum, taking IRA and FII on the same day is recommended and read some people took both exams on the same day. If I can get only one access at a time, how can I study for both and take the exam on the same day?

Thank you.

Been 6 years but I believe they are 98% the same question bank, so study the IRA and then take both.

One of the other guys/gals can verify this.

Chris F

Willy,

You don’t need both test preps. The IRA test bank will cover both. The FII may have 1 or 2 questions you haven’t seen but you’ll be fine.

Adam

Willy,

They are right. You can only have one study database at a time. Get the IRA and if you’re comfortable take both exams the same day. I did and I know dozens others who did just fine this way. If you prefer you can get the FII database right after taking the IRA. It’s much smaller and most questions are repeats. There’s maybe less than a handful of new questions. Best to save yourself the $60-$70.

Hannah

Alright. Thank you so much for helping me.
That would also save some $$$ as well.

Always appreciate you guys’ help!

1 Like

The questions are identical. I actually scored higher on the FII than I did the IRA.

Hey Willy. I am starting July 31st and also working on knocking out my exams. I took the PAR, IRA, and FII so far. I did pay for the FII test prep and there were approximately 15-20 total different questions. I figured the cost was minimal and I had a weekend to study/review the material which made it worth it to me.

I am currently studying for the CAX and FIA which I am scheduled to take on the 19th and 20th and will then study for the FOI exam. My goal is to have all of my exams knocked out before the end of June.

One recommendation is to ensure you have watched all of your ATP Orientation videos if you plan to get the endorsement from ATP. Without having these videos done, they will NOT give you the endorsement for the IRA or the CAX. Luckily I had watched over half of the videos when I requested an endorsement and took a weekend to watch all of the remaining videos. I will end up re-watching them in July as my start date approaches.

What location are you going to?

TJ

I did as well. The question I missed was one that was in my “review” bank and for whatever reason could not pick the correct choice!

TJ

Willy,

Going to echo what everyone has already said, IRA and FII test bank are the same. If you have the extra cash, I would also take the IGI (no endorsement needed) that way once you obtain your CFI certificates, you can apply for the ground instructor. What better than a few more ways to log valid ground lessons and maybe earn a little cash in the process. You will want to study separately the FIA and CAX. The FOI is its separate test bank as it focuses on the Fundamentals of Instructing and human behaviors of learning etc.

Brady

I have been studying for IRA.
But I am still struggling with reading HSI indicator.(i.e. find aircraft location from HSI)
I think it is better to understand the concept than memorize since there are many questions related to this.
Is there any link or reference to help me understand better for this?
Thank you.

Willy,

While you might “think” its better, as mentors who’ve been advising and watching students prep for 2 decades, we can tell you ROTE rules the day.

Adam

1 Like

Willy,

Rote, rote, rote, and rote memorization is the key to passing these writtens. I will tell you this, the HSI aircraft location locations and CDI needle deflection questions, you may get 1 or 2 on your actual written exam. Don’t stress over it, you will learn how to read an HSI and CDI needles during your training. For now, memorization the question and answer from Sheppard Air and proceed forward. If you’re really unsure, do a quick YouTube search for the question and I guarantee you’ll find a video from MzeroA, Fly8MA or some other YouTube CFI that can help.

Brady

1 Like

Thanks for helpful advices indeed.
I am ready to take those exams and waiting for the endorsement.

I wonder if I can take IRA and FII back to back at the same facility if there are open spots.

Thank you.

You can. You just need to schedule it.

Adam

Willy,

You can take both exams on the same day, many and thousands of others have done just that. When scheduling, you will book one for an earlier slot, then the next slot is your other exam. If you center allows, you should be able to start the other exam right after if you don’t need a break and finish early.

Brady