And here we go!

Ok, I’m encouraged that what I was thinking and what you guys are telling me is the same!

Mat

Hey everyone!

I finally was able to do my first solo this morning! What an adrenaline rush! Took a lot of patience cause of the weather, and overcame a little adversity to nail my first solo and I’m stoked to have finally done it!

It’s kind of crazy too that looking back on it when I got home, not once during the flight was I thinking “what am I doing?” Or not once did it make me nervous to be on my own! I think it just proves the training works and has been ingrained in me. Honestly, didn’t even think to myself I was by myself until I had a second on downwind to notice the empty seat next to me.

Can’t wait to do it again!

5 Likes

Nice job Mat! Big step. Keep it up!

Adam

1 Like

Mat,

Congrats on the Solo! The first time in the plane always feels different, it’s like you’re a person lighter :wink: .

Brady

1 Like

Mat,

Awesome work, congratulations! I remember that feeling well, it is a good one. Thank you for the update, please keep them coming.

Chris

1 Like

Mat,

Congrats! Great pictures as well. I still have my solo shirt tail. It’s cool to frame down the road.
Next up, solo cross country. Keep us updated. That was my favorite solo experience.

Hannah

1 Like

Exciting day for you, Mat! That really is a great photo! I wish I could say that I was as cool, calm, and collected as you on my first solo :wink:

Tory

1 Like