ATP CTP obtaining

Hi! captains ,and future captains there! I am now a captain with over 12 k hours in Boeing 737. just none of the flight hours is obtained in US. I have the FAA commercial license with Muti Engine Land rating, and ICAO member country ATPL. I have US green card, and if I want to prepare myself to work in US,what actions and preparations should I do? any one can give me advices, or share your similar experiences with me ,really appreciate it!

Shulin,

You have 2 choices. Get hired at a Regional where they’ll include the ATP-CTP training as part of your newhire training OR take an ATP-CTP course and obtain your ATP on your own.

Adam

hey,Adam.thank you so much for your quick answering.that’s really encouraging .I prefer to do my ATP-CTP myself .so after ATP CTP classes and the written test, then I can apply for jobs?or I will have to get my ATPL with one typerating on it, then I can start my job hunting journey?

Shulin,

Again the Regionals (and some LCCs) will train you and provide you with a type rating, Major airlines will not. So if you wish to go straight to a Major (which you probably should with your time and experience), you would need a full ATP.

That said I would contact the airlines you’re interested in and explain your situation. They might be able to accommodate you since you’d need a type rating once you’re hired anyway.

Adam

Thank you so much Adam!