Flex Track

Austin,

Of course you can do whatever you’d like, but personally I think as a student athlete, even if you’re in the Flex Track, yes. Since your plate is already full and your commute would be 2hrs I do not recommend starting now. I would do one at a time.

Of course the younger you can get to the airlines, generally the better your seniority will be and the more you can potentially make, but you are already in college. You should finish what you started. Remember also that getting to the airlines should not be a race. You should approach flight training with minimal distractions to maximize your performance. Taking on too much could end up easily backfiring by extending your training timeline which will cost you more money in the end. You would also be risking your checkride pass rate which could cripple your chances of ever making it to your preferred airline or to any airline for that matter.

One step at a time. College is a once in a lifetime experience and your major could (should) be your backup plan in case for whatever reason flying doesn’t work out.

Tory

I am also a former collegiate athlete and ATP grad and I couldn’t have said it better myself. Tory is right. It’s not a race. Flight training is not conducive to half your energy… you won’t be nearly as successful splitting your energy. It demands all your attention and you can’t give it right now, but that’s okay. Your focus now should be securing that degree and enjoying your time as an athlete. There will be a day you’ll miss it dearly.

I offer the following visual aid :wink:

Adam

Thank you guys very much for helping me though it. I will most likely do it after college. Thank you for talking me thought it and providing tips!

1 Like