Forum is silent

Hey All, curiosity question. This site went strangely silent after the Canadian and US grounding. Coincidence or is everybody busy scrambling with aircraft repositioning? Have the various Airlines issued “no comment” orders? This seems like an issue that would create dialogue.

Edward,

It has been a little quiet on here since yesterday, but that happens from time to time. Just a coincidence. My airline only has 14 of the 737 MAX airplanes, so it has a minimal impact on out schedule. Adam and Tory’s airlines do not fly the airplanes at all.

We have not received a “no comment” order, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we just do not have much to say about the topic. One of the most dangerous things one can do in aviation is jump to conclusions. Any theories that any of us could put forward would be pure speculation and nothing more. All of the other pilots that I have spoken to have a wait and see approach to this, it is really the only responsible approach to have.

Chris

Edward,

Can’t speak for the others but I’ve been in union meetings all week (comparable to waterboarding) but yes I noticed it’s been a little quiet. No cause for alarm. Just a lull. Feel free to start a conversation or ask a question to break the silence.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Glad you posted this. I just joined and was looking for ways to send a private message to users, is there such capability? Or is communication strictly via the public forum?

Hector,

There is currently no mechanism for sending private messages.

Chris

Thank you!

Hello, what kind of medical clearance does one need to become a pilot. Do you need to be able to walk a certain distance and lift a certain number of pounds? I didn’t know how to start a thread which is why I wrote my question in this one, I hope that was ok. Thank you.

Debra,

New threads can be started by clicking the “+ New Topic” button.

You will need to meet the requirements of a FAA first class medical. There are many requirements, so it would be best to contact a FAA medical examiner with your specific questions.

Chris

Debra,

As Chris said you need to be able to pass an FAA First Class medical and its requirements. That said there is no strength or endurance requirement. We’re pilots not firefighters :slight_smile:

Adam

Thank you for the information. I’m a nurse with a disability so I guess if I can be a nurse, I can most likely be a pilot :slightly_smiling_face: