Height restrictions at ATP

Truman I am and I appreciate your kind words.

Kevin there was nothing condescending about it. You chimed in on this thread over a week after the last comment and after 6mos of absence, start talking about FS being a far superior school with zero experience with either and then return a month later hurt and offended. Sorry but that sounds a whole lot like trolling to me. If that word offends you then maybe don’t do it.

Adam

4 Likes

Kevin if you were a true professional you wouldn’t be on here saying why Flight safety is a better place. A mature person would not randomly show up on a public forum and express his unwanted opinions. Quit whining and grow up man.

I’ve been participating on the forums since I first signed up to attend ATP. Have all of my comments been 100 percent positive? No. Could some of them have offended others? Perhaps.

Nobody is perfect, whether you are talking about ATP or any other flight school, but you know what? My comments are exactly that…mine, based on my experiences as a student at ATP. They are genuine, good, bad, or indifferent, take them as you will.

That being said, I would never even contemplate going on another flight school’s website/forum, etc., and leaving negative comments, because to do so would be totally basing them on speculation heresay, as I have not attended said other schools.

As much as there have been a few things here or there that have irked me along the way, would I choose to go to ATP if I were in the same position again?

Absolutely, 100%!

Safety and maintenance are two areas where ATP clearly does not cut any corners and takes very seriously. They’ve delivered on every promise they’ve made so far (just passed my CFII checkride this morning), and on-time, for a fixed price. I couldn’t imagine any other school doing that. But then again, who am I to say? The only school I’ve attended is ATP.

2 Likes

Michael,

Congratulations on passing your CFII!! That is an awesome accomplishment.

Also, thank you for all of your participation on this website, we really appreciate it.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks, Chris!

It’s hard to believe that it’s been just over 5 months since I started the program, and that I’ll be finished in less than a month! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is awesome!! I can’t wait to start my program!! With all the info that Adam, Chris and Tory provide with everyone else kinda nervous but also excited. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m 6’3" and around 320lbs. Im trying to determine if it is realistic for my to be a pilot with that size. Good hearing that there are ways. I would really like to go the ATP route. This is the best information in this forum on all my weird questions. I need to call as well and see the ATP suggestion.

Hi Dale!

This thread is a few years old, so just wanted to chime in with our most recent policies.

We will likely be able to work with the height, as you’re right at the 6’3" limit that we set, and will have an instructor make sure that you can safely operate the controls during your admissions flight. Unfortunately, due to aircraft operational limitations, we look to see that you are at or below 250lbs before conducting any flights in an ATP aircraft.

Addison

1 Like

Thank you. Good to know. Got some work to do!