Help on criminal record

So I grew up hard and that is no excuses when I was a kid and thinking of the possibility of being a pilot all of these happend when I was kid

Age 11 - stole a bike - held by police in handcuffs released no court probation house arrest or mugshots or finger prints

Age 13 - broke into a house and a gun was stolen -held by police in handcuffs released no court probation house arrest or mugshots or finger prints

Age 14 -playing (chicken) in the road - held by police in handcuffs released no court probation house arrest or mugshots or finger prints

Age 15 - driving in a car without a license - held by police in handcuffs released no court probation house arrest or mugshots or finger prints

Age 15 - stealing pizza rolls in walmart held by police in handcuffs released no court probation house arrest or mugshots or finger prints

I understand these were all mistakes and I wish too take accountability for my actions and make something of myself and I was told by people on reddit that my charges shouldn’t even be on my record but how would this affect me being a pilot

John,

I am amazed that you have been released and not charged for any of these crimes. It honestly shakes my trust in the criminal justice system.

It sounds like you do not actually have a record, so I would say keep it clean moving forward and you should be fine.

Chris

I appreciate your kind words and I understand your shakiness as well but I believe that juvenile charges should be more focused on rehabilitation than punishment and hopefully kids that have the same issues I had as a kid and are choosing too be do the same I am and used it as a wake up call ik just hoping that if this is what I want too do I would be eligible and qualified I do wear glasses but my vision is pretty good I mainly wear them for cosmetic my eyesite is ok and I can see without them

John,
As said below, without a record from your past you shouldn’t have an issue getting hired down the road but you need to stay completely out of any trouble to show it was isolated to childhood. Before doing anything, make sure to secure a first class medical with an AME. Then take an intro flight to make sure you enjoy and can handle being in a small aircraft.
Let us know if you have any more questions!

-Hannah

Yes I completely understand and believe me I know hppd and well the consequences now since I’m a adult I’m thinking about going too college too get a aviation bachelors would I gain the certification I need through those courses or do I need too pay for those classes out of college I heard they are pretty expensive

John,
We recommend you get your degree in something other than aviation so you have a backup in case you get furloughed during your career. Business, finance, whatever you’re interested in. You just need a four year degree from a reputable college/university. Then after graduating we recommend you start your aviation training. It is expensive so you’ll need to save up as much as you can or secure a loan for financing. Sounds like you have time to figure that out though!

-Hannah

1 Like

John,

I would also encourage you to work on your grammar and punctuation, particularly the use of periods at the end of sentences. It might sound like small things, but being a pilot at a major airline is the pinnacle of aviation and the majors will be looking for people that well represent their respective companies.

Chris

I’m personally mystified you have no record in the Criminal Justice system. Juveniles often don’t get pictures taken or fingerprinted for petty crimes. Usually its a summons for a Juvi court date and you’re released to your parents if they can come meet the police.

Did they detain you and then release you to your parents with a warning?

Did you ever get detained, and then given a summons to appear in Juvenile Court, but then it was later dropped? Because I’ve dealt with a lot of Juvenile Cases, and if you/your parents were given a summons then you may still have an arrest record.

Most States have a way to request personal criminal history. I would look into that to see if you really were never put in the “system”.

Some PD actually handle petty juvenile cases in-house with “warnings” until you commit a big enough crime. It is possible that they have your record on file, but no one will ever find out about it since its not through the courts and only with that 1 Police dept.

Chris F

No I was never summoned or appeared in court I was just let go no papers given at all just earned that of I did this when I’m older I’ll get in big trouble that’s why my situation is very weird because I don’t dont know exactly what I was even charged with

Sounds like you’re all clear then.

Chris F