Housing at other locations

Curious to know… there are some locations that do not advertise housing. What do you suggest for these locations? Do we have to find housing entirely on our own, or do you have suggestions? I am mostly interested in the Boston location, but would love any insight you can give me. Thanks!

Emma,

Welcome to the forums, that would be a question for Admissions for information regarding the housing. It may not be available now, but futuristically they could have an idea if it is. You can contact them at (904)-595-7950.

If housing is not available at your desired location, yes you would have to find a means of living whether it’s family/friend, or renting an apartment/house. There is a Facebook group that alumni and current students that occasionally advertise looking for roommates etc.

Brady

Emma,

The idea here is people generally will choose a location for convenience (ie, they live, or have family, within driving distance) or they go somewhere they have an interest in (weather, always wanted to visit, etc). If you don’t live particularly close to a location and are going to need housing, why not choose someplace else cool to train?

Adam

1 Like

Emma,
That would be a good question for admin. Give them a call. If thats a big deal breaker for you, check out the bigger ATP locations as they tend to have housing set up already. Since there are so many locations, most people have one that is close to friends or family and is convenient for them. Have you thought about that option?
-Hannah

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses. I will definitely consider giving Admin a call.
I should have specified - I actually do live near 2 locations currently, where I’ll do my training.
I was just more curious to know what people have done once they’ve graduated the program, and been offered a job as a CFI at another location, but housing through ATP wasn’t available.
Hope that clarifies my question.
Thanks for your help!
Best,
Emma Hansen

Emma,

ATP housing is not available to instructors, you will need to secure your own housing. Often people go in with other instructors to help reduce costs.

Chris

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Anytime. Let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

Chris,

Thought I had read in older posts housing was offered to instructors. When did that change?

Mat,

This changed several years ago.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you!