If you choose a University

This question relates to a question I asked a while back about either going to a University to study aviation or going to a flight school. If I choose a university would there have to be anything I do before going? For example, taking a class or getting some type of medical?


If you want to take flight lessons you need at least a Third Class Medical regardless of where you train. ATP recommends you get a First Class because you don’t want to invest a ton of time and money and after find out there’s an issue and you’ll never be a professional. Beyond that the plethora of aviation colleges and universities all may and probably do have different requirements. I suggest you contact the specific schools and ask them.



If you go to a university program you will need to work with their admissions department to see what their criteria is.


Ok, thanks.