Intro..Starla, GKY Feb 26th 2024 start

I would like to say Hello to all as I will be officially starting Feb 26th with ATP at the GKY location, I am excited to to start this journey with one the most respected training programs around. I am currently a flight attendant for American Airlines as well as an Emergency Room Registered Nurse, I am looking forward to finally moving forward in doing what I have always dreamed of and that is to be a commercial airlines pilot. I am currently plugging away on the Sporty’s Study Buddy App to prepare for my privates exam in hopes to get this done end of Nov and move on to the other exams that can be done prior to attending. I look forward to learning from everyone and hope to meet lifetime friends. Cheers,

2 Likes

Starla,

Welcome aboard! It seems like you’ve taken all previous advice and started working on the writtens, that’s great. You have plenty of time between now and February 26th to get a lot (if not, all) them completed.

I look forward to seeing the updates as you progress.

Brady

1 Like

Starla,

Congrats on taking the leap. Many dream of it but you actually did it.

Sounds like you’ve got the right idea. Get as many written exams done as you can. I promise, you’ll be thanking yourself later. Feel free to stop in along the way and ask any questions you may have. You’ll be starting before you know it!

Hannah

1 Like

Starla,

Great news on taking the leap and joining the program! Getting ahead on the writtens is the best thing you can do for yourself, it will be a huge benefit to you in the program.

Chris

1 Like

I do have a question, I’m currently using the Sportys study buddy app and what I’m doing is memorizing every single question in the test bank which is around 1237 questions. Is this the best way to approach for the PAR or should I be focusing on something else. Aiming to take my PAR for November.

Starla,

Rote memorization is the way to go for these written exams. You will learn the material later on during your ground school, Elevate and instructor(s). However, if you are like me, you sometimes have to go and find out the “why” behind things, that’s okay. Just know that rote memorization is the preferred method going into the Airmen Knowledge Tests. You will see that as you break into Sheppard Air for every written thereafter the PAR.

Brady

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I work two jobs and study on my jumpseat every chance I get and on my layovers so I’m going to keep memorizing away hahaha. Thank you again for taking the time to respond to all these post.

1 Like